Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Excellent choice!!! I just built up a set of blue Chris Kings with Aeroheads (offset rear) and DB14 spokes for my new Trek 2200. I love the wheels and they built up wonderfully. This will be the first time I've used the Aeroheads and they seem like great rims. Can't really say how they hold up yet, but from what I've heard I don't expect any problems. I've had a set of King hubs on my cross bike before and they are great, it doesn't get any better then King. They are a little loud, but once you get used to the almost instant engagement of the freehub everything else seems very sloppy in comparison. After using King hubs for a while now, I don't know if I'll ever be able to go back to anything else.

·
Registered
86 Posts
The Kings are still a little lighter then DA/Record after adding 104g for skewers (Salsa stainless Flip-Offs) Do they offer anything over the others....I don't know. I find the almost instant engagement of the freehub to be very nice and by comparison makes the others feel much less precise. Does that really matter, only you can decide. I beleive that the Kings are the very best hubs that are available, I do beleive them to be slightly better the DA/Record, but that small increase in quality/performance does come at fairly high price. To me it's worth it, I love my King hubs and am glad I chose them. I can find no fault in the logic of using DA or Record instead though. I just like the Kings and wanted the very best, not because I needed it but because I wanted it and could afford it....plus they come in pretty colors!!!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.