Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
7,934 Posts
DT 240 hubs speak for themselves. I have/had several KinLin rims and they are excellent and light. I am no Niobium 30/240S right now and love them.

I had some 190S/25T that I loved!

They are Excellent.

I would go for the 27 or 30mm myself.

·
Banned
185 Posts
I have a set of those rims on M5 hubs. They have been a joy to ride for over a year now. 240s hubs are well made and reliable hubs. Together that's a package that I don't think you can go wrong with.

·
Registered
370 Posts
I'm on a new set (1000 miles) 240s with 270s as others have suggested. a really great multi purpose set of wheels. 28r/20f sapiem cxrays - 1458g(I think).

·
Registered
370 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Great rims can't go wrong, if it were me l would go xr270 24h for the rear and xr200 20h for the front at your weight that should be fine, dt hubs have a good rep.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I have the Kinlin xr270 rims on American Classic hubs with Sapim C-Xray spokes 28f/32r = 1440g for the wheelset! I weigh approx 195 lbs, and they ride like a dream!

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
That poor production and pulsing problem has now just scared me away. I'd rather not have to take apart a newly built wheel. Now on to something else.....

Maybe I'd better stick with tried and true Mavics.

·
Registered
505 Posts
don't kid yourself about the mavics...no more certainty there. look at this thread. look at all the other kinlin threads out there. they are fantastic rims and make a lot of riders happy with a great blend of strength / weight / price. be sure to note the last post in the linked thread..."I haven't had any problems with an XR200... but have had with one XR300, a DT1.1, and a Zipp." ie: no one is immune. it's a precise process, and damage may also occur in shipping/handling.

·
Banned
185 Posts
If (and that's a big IF), you were to find that to be a problem, it would be covered under warranty, you wouldn't have to do anything other than ship it back.

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
I have a White Ind/CX-Ray/XR-270 with 20f/24r that I have gotten many thousands of miles out of with zero truing. I cannot recommend them enough.

I also have a set of King/Aerolite/DT RR 1.1 with 32f/32r that I used for training. I love these wheels as well, but for different reasons.

Another vote for a set XR-270 based wheels.

·
Registered
505 Posts
tyro said:
I have a White Ind/CX-Ray/XR-270 with 20f/24r that I have gotten many thousands of miles out of with zero truing. I cannot recommend them enough.
replace the cx-rays with dt aerolites and there is an identical set (new) currently listed in the classifieds...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts