Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Windrider (Stubborn)
22,029 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday was rainy on th Eastern Shore so I put my fenders on Friday night and rode in the rain. Damn I love an all purpose bike.

Len

·
Windrider (Stubborn)
22,029 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It does........

jplatzner said:
Wow that's nice. Don't tell me the stem matches the bike? Awesome.
Here are some original pictures.

Len

·
Windrider (Stubborn)
22,029 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Travels by Map
3,060 Posts
Very nice, Len. Maybe you'll inspire me to get off my butt. I've been meaning to post pictures of my Kogswell since I put it into full commuter mode with lights and fenders. It doesn't bling like your Kirk but I've been riding it a ton and I get a lot of comments about it.

·
i like whiskey
8,493 Posts
Droolworthy Len x 2! It looks even better built up. The matching Brooks saddle and bar tape are a perfect touch.

It always cracks me up to know us bike geeks have multi-angle pics of our stems and detailed close ups of canti breaks and bottom brackets and ...

Now the real question is how could you take that beauty out in the rain?! It hardly qualifies as a "beater" :)

·
Windrider (Stubborn)
22,029 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Id you don't ride it........

innergel said:
Now the real question is how could you take that beauty out in the rain?! It hardly qualifies as a "beater" :)
Why have it?

I ride fixed all winter. I also travel for work and only get to ride on the Weekends.....so I never let weather get in the way. This bike was built for that purpose. The fact that it also looks good is icing on the cake!

Len

·
Game on, b*tches!
13,528 Posts
Couldn't agree more. That bike looks even better with the fenders, IMHO. I've been toying with they thought of a custom fixie. Hummmmmmm. A use for next yrs inc tax return?

·
Registered
841 Posts
Cool.

It looks great. Seriously great.

How do you like those Paul cantis by the way? Hate to bring this up on the fixed board, but I just picked up a NOS Serotta cross frame and I'm considering my options.

·
Windrider (Stubborn)
22,029 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I like them.......

djg said:
It looks great. Seriously great.

How do you like those Paul cantis by the way? Hate to bring this up on the fixed board, but I just picked up a NOS Serotta cross frame and I'm considering my options.
more than I thought i would. Adjustments are easy, they grip good, and they look good.....If you can get by the price they are great.

I had a little remorse after the Bike was sent to paint thinking maybe i should have gotten the Paul centerpulls instead........but I've got 500 miles or so and I like these.

len

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.