Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What changes the value of these bikes ? I have seen then sell on Ebay for 300.00 and some close to 800.00 ?? Besides the condition what changes the value. Are they not all made in USA ?

Thanks, Chris

·
Two wheels=freedom!
708 Posts
Ummmm, the Attitude is a Mountain Bike. This here being Road Bike Review Forums, you may not get a lot of feedback. Try MTBReview.

That being said, Klein was bought out by the evil empire in the mid 90's. Gary pioneered the whole big tube thinwalled aluminum design theme back in the 80's (no matter WHAT you Cannondale-philes think) and his mountain bike frames were works of art and ridiculously light, yet fragile things. I broke three at the seat stay top tube area, all covered under their limited lifetime warr. I still have the original Pulse team race, their lightest frame ever, and the first designed for use with a sus. fork. It's just about 20# with a modded RockShox Mag20. My daughter uses it when she's around.

Their road bikes, while also being beautifully built and incredibally light were teeth rattlingly stiff.

If you are into hardtails, and can find one not heavily abused (Remember, they're fragile) they are great bikes that climb like no others. They were not designed with sus forks in mind until about 94 or so. Most of the Attitudes had really cool fat tubed alu forks and an integrated bar/stem with wild fade multicolor paint jobs.

·
Registered
618 Posts
Oh....and as far as my estimate of the worth....I'd don't think it is worth monetarily what I would be willing to part with it for. Meaning, this VERY NICE condition 2003 Attitude Comp is worth, IMO, maybe $5-600ish depending on the buyer....BUT it is worth more than that to me. It is a work of art in my eyes....I'd hang the frame in my bar....

I "think" < 97 Klein bikes are considered the Pre Trek days......

I have a fondness for Klein bikes. It was the bike I wanted and could not afford, when I purchased my first mountain bike.....ending up with my beloved '90 Avalanche....(which I still have hanging in the garage)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts