Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just posted this in the componnent forum, but i think this is a better fit.

ok, i am a mountain biker that races the statewide xc racing series. a friend of mine and i was talking about road riding and the fact that i do not have a road bike came up. so, long story short, he has a 2003 Q pro in his basement that has a broken fork due to a car/bike collision. he offered to let me borrow it, but that it needs obviously a new fork. i was wondering if becaise of it being a klein, i know that they have a special headtube, idk much about it though, if it needs a special fork?

and if so where possibly i could find one?

Thank you very very much.

Also, i did se something about an adapter that could be used to convert it to a standard 1 1/8" threadless, but has anyone done that/what were your results?

any information would be helpful. Thanks

my email is [email protected]

TIA!

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
If it is a 2003, then it would have a standard 1 1/8" fork. All you will need is a fork and a headset. {perhaps he still has the original headset}. The older Kleins[ Pre-98? ] used the propriatary sized headsets and forks.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.