Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased a Klein quantum in 2001. My components are somewhat tired now and I was thinking of upgrading to a higher grouppo. does anyone know if, besides the components and wheelse,t are the Quantum, Quantum race and Quantum pro the same frame? If not, what differnces are there (wieght,tubeset, etc).

Thanks for your help

·
Registered
3,749 Posts
Not positive, but...

I have a '99 Klein Quantum Race. Back then the Quantum came with Shimano 105, the Quantum Race with Ultegra, and the Pro with D.A. and a nicer fork. In other words, same frame but different components and fork depending on the model. Klein has a website, if you contact them a live person will respond with answers, but it might take a few days.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Quantum Pro is a little different

I have a 1999 Q Pro and the difference btween it and the Quantum/ Quantum Race other than the components is the headset is integrated on the Pro. The fork is pressed into the headset somehow and doesn't have a star nut or any other retention device. The steerer tube is also an odd size, somewhere between 1" and 1 1/8". When I changed stems I had to order a shim from Klein. This was changed around 2001 when they added carbon stays to the Quantum Pro and went to a standard sized steerer tube.

Mike

1 - 3 of 3 Posts