Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Cyclingnews states "Andreas Klöden and Matthias Kessler are said to have received blood transfusions at the Freiburg University Clinic after the start of the 2006 Tour de France, along with Patrik Sinkewitz. The German news magazine Spiegel reported Saturday that the independent commission looking into organized doping at Team T-Mobile/Telekom reached this conclusion in its not-yet released report." How does this effect team Astana in the giro/tour with the possible loss of a huge contender support rider?

·
Banned
3,254 Posts
slowdave said:
Cyclingnews states "Andreas Klöden and Matthias Kessler are said to have received blood transfusions at the Freiburg University Clinic after the start of the 2006 Tour de France, along with Patrik Sinkewitz. The German news magazine Spiegel reported Saturday that the independent commission looking into organized doping at Team T-Mobile/Telekom reached this conclusion in its not-yet released report." How does this effect team Astana in the giro/tour with the possible loss of a huge contender support rider?
Honestly, I think they are more worried about people playing connect the dots than losing Kloden.

Tactically they're better off with a domestique than another top 10 GC guy.

·
Daylight Fading
1,902 Posts
What about High Road/Columbia?

A Question.

When Stapleton took over this team, how many of the former trainers, managers, etc. did he keep on board?

I ask because, ostensibly, that's why Astana was blocked from the TdF last year, right? They had their issues, but fired the riders (Vino, et al) that were the baddies. It always seemed to me that they were barred because they were being punished for being not much more than the old Liberty team. If this is so, then why wouldn't Columbia be under the same scrutiny? Of course, if Stapleton cleaned house, then this argument doesn't exist.

Thoughts?

bt

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Followed by this.....

"The report on Freiburg University Clinic and doping within Team T-Mobile/Telekom is not scheduled for release until the middle of May, the Clinic has announced. The authors have said they do not know how the German news magazine Spiegel can claim to have a copy of a document which is not yet finished."

1 - 4 of 4 Posts