Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a DA 6700 chain that is now my spare. I noticed it was assembled using a KMC missing link by Trek. I have been trying to remove this link without success. Have read the KMC website and it seems easy. Not so. Anyone have suggestions on easy ways to remove these links.
Thanks in advance

·
Registered
91 Posts
ML Removal

Torreybiker said:
I have a DA 6700 chain that is now my spare. I noticed it was assembled using a KMC missing link by Trek. I have been trying to remove this link without success. Have read the KMC website and it seems easy. Not so. Anyone have suggestions on easy ways to remove these links.
Thanks in advance
I tun it so link is 90 deg from incoming and outgoing chain. The shape can be a "Z" or a "U", whichever fits for you. Then I use a pair of needle-nose pliers to push the rollers that are on the opposite ends of the ML toward each other.

As this link has a snap action (little protrusions embossed in the plates), it takes a little force to disassemble, unlike, say, the Conex links.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.