Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm just getting started in this cycling thing and I have been mostly working out on the trainer for the past three weeks or so, about an hour a day.

The past couple of days I've noticed that my kneecaps feel like they are clicking or popping and maybe rubbing on the joint every pedal stroke. They don't hurt, so it isn't interfering with training, but this is a new sensation and I am worried that the popping means something is wrong with my technique and I am heading down the road to injury. Or is this normal and I am just being a hypochondriac? Does what I'm describing sound familiar to anyone?

I used to run and row and never had knee problems with either of those sports.

If anyone has advice, I'd appreciate it.

·
Home Brew User!
2,810 Posts
Fit issue

Sounds like it maybe an issue with your fit.

Discuss the issue with Fit tech at the LBS where you got your bike and he should be able to help.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
good call on the bad fit

Thanks for the suggestion. Just spent 30 minutes fiddling with the saddle height and position and the knee clicking went away. Phew. I guess I was overextending my knees. I forgot that when I set the height originally I was wearing different shoes. The LBS near me will fit you to your existing bike for $75 and I will head over there for an appointment once I get more outdoor riding experience and see if I have issue there.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts