Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have pain in my right leg, right under the knee cap to the upper inside as I am riding and after for about two days. My bike setup hasn't changed in four years and hasn't caused this pain before. I'm 29 and ride 50 miles a week. Please help!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Possible causes:
1) too much climbing at low rpm
2) accumulation of damage from poor riding position(may just now have gotten weak enough to cause pain)
3)nothing last forever, including you and your parts, most of us runners and riders have pain that won't go away or won't stay away. Usually hurts less than not running/riding tho.

·
Registered
37 Posts
If your having pain riding, stop, turn back and go home. Then go see a doctor and take it from there if pain persists.

The first thing you can do is check your seat hight, is as high as it should be. Consider increases in workload, including but not limited hills, form, intensity increase, maybe not recovering from your rides which make have caused warping at the knee at top. Pay attention to your pedal stroke. The best advise I can offer is get professional advice, get a bike fit done, cleats aligned ?, form ?

·
huvia ja hyötyä
572 Posts
You are not stomping on a too tall gear?

·
Blah, Blah, Blah
598 Posts
1) See your doctor
2) Check your fit.

I had knee pain that would not go away a few years ago. After checking the fit, we discoverd that I was amost 2.5" behind the BB at my knee. So it might not be a too low of a seat, it may be you are too far back. I was fine until I hit the 50 mile mark on rides, and then it just flared up and would persist for days.
After fixing the setback issue, resting for a week, it has not returned once.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts