Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any ideas why my knees hurt? Front of the knee, under the kneecap. Is that the patellar tendon? Seat height is correct, as far as I can tell, as is crank length. Cleats are Speedplay full float. Maybe fore/aft seat position?

·
Registered
39 Posts
When I was getting fitted for my bike in April, the tech told me to always remember that if my knees started hurting...raise my saddle until they stopped hurting. She said always start with that in mind. If it's not that, I really don't know.

·
classiquesklassieker
3,113 Posts
gthcarolina said:
Any ideas why my knees hurt? Front of the knee, under the kneecap. Is that the patellar tendon? Seat height is correct, as far as I can tell, as is crank length. Cleats are Speedplay full float. Maybe fore/aft seat position?
It may be any number of issues that others have mentioned, but you seriously should go get it checked by your doctor first! Safety first!

·
Registered
310 Posts
I used to hate it when people replied with my posts with "search the archives, etc" but I have been having some knee pain lately as well. Since a monsoon rolled through town last Sunday and prevented me from riding, I actually did sit down and search the archives for knee pain threads. In all honesty, I learned more than I ever thought I could or wanted to.

I now have an appointment to get re-fitted on my bike, and I will most certainly get more bang for my buck now because I can explain the type of knee pain I'm experiencing, and I know which bike fit variables to discuss with my LBS. Like my father always said: It pays to be well informed.

Seriously, try searching for "knee pain" or "front (if that's your case) knee pain" it thread titles only. Grab a beer or two, get iTunes going on a good shuffle, and avail yourself to the wealth of wisdom on this board. There are lots of knowledgeable folks here by virtue of years and years of experience on the bike or from their professions in medical or PT fields.

Aside from that...take it easy on the knee until you isolate the problem. Don't tear your body up.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.