Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
cyclist
7,904 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There are some known issues with certain browsers and OS's and this forum software.

The biggest problem is Mac users. OS X works better than 9.2 Safari and Mozilla work better than Netscape. IE 5.2 or 5.1 for Mac may (or may not) experience problems also. The main problem being, not able to see attached images. Image box loads blank.

Netscape users may have problems on both Mac and Windows. Netscape 7.0 on Mac is known to have image viewing issues, and Netscape 6.2 for Windows is known for the same.

If you are Mac user and having problems with entering info for registration, try using the "TAB" key to get to the field you need to.

I will add more to this list as I find them.

-g

·
angel of the morning
2,984 Posts
i'm a visual kinda guy & a mac user - friday's aint gonna be the same

using mac with 10.3

IE and Safari. see perhaps one of every 10 pics posted. i think i loaded one myself but i dont know if it worked out.

im gonna go nuts with no pics - do what you can (please).

i aint selling my mac ;-)

ciao

·
cyclist
7,904 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
engineers have this on their list as an open issue. Can't say that it's at the top of the list, though (I know, I know Mac users get no respect).

·
angel of the morning
2,984 Posts
gregg said:
There are some known issues with certain browsers and OS's and this forum software.

The biggest problem is Mac users.
-g
hey gregg,

not sure what i changed in my settings but Safari on my mac shows up all as should be - yes including all pics !!!

let you moderators know that im gonna be posting pics ;-)

ciao

·
cyclist
7,904 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Glad to hear that you've got is straightened out. Too bad you don't know the root of the problem, it might be helpful to others.

Okay, I'll tell the mods to be on guard!

-g

·
Registered
41 Posts
I'm new to the forums, and using mac OSX 10.1.5 and IE 5.2, it's a bummer not being able to see what others are talking about!
Only images that show are linked images.

·
MTBR Super Mod'
272 Posts
Gregg,

I use OSX and run either Safari or Internet Explorer and always see ever picture posted, every attachment and have never had issues registering or whatever.

·
Ti me up
1,242 Posts
Netscape on XP

Works mostly OK, but there are oddities with things like amersands, quote marks and such showing up oddly.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Opera and viewing attached images

This is a minor problem I'm experiencing with Opera 8.00 under Win XP. When a post has multiple images attached (as is commonly done for ride reports), the images are lined up horizontally across the page, rather than stacked verically.

Put another way, when there are many images, I have to do a considerable amount of horizontal scrolling, not only to see the images, but to read each line of the post's text, as the word wrap boundary is as far right as the last image.

Not a show stopper, but a hassle and I just thought I'd mention it.

Grab Opera and see if you get the same result (warning: you'll be hooked).

·
Registered
3,238 Posts
Just installed Netscape 9 and I,m having trouble uploading pictures. This is just a test to see if I can even post

1 - 12 of 12 Posts