Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Banned
2,767 Posts
Rollo Tommassi said:
It is bad mechanic work at the shop where you bought it. I am assuming that it was they who assembled the bike.

I commend you for driving 12 hours (!) to get this bike, but the blame must rest with Herongate in Essex. Take that bike back and get your money back - that guy Dave may be being nice to you, but he's just covering his ass. Tell Dave that he has to pay to ship the bike from you to him, and not deduct it from your refund. Or at least cover your fuel and mileage costs for all that driving.

The rep has been a bit nasty to you, I agree, but I hope he gives the Herongate guys a good talking to. Their poor skills put you in a lot of danger, and is making Koga look like the bad guy.
Exactly. The OP also posted over at cyclingforums.com . Bikes don't leave the factories perfectly adjusted. That's why God created bike mechanics or bike owners that know a bit about adjusting such things.

·
Banned
2,767 Posts
mangonui said:
Please remember I had the bike back to koga dealer for repair and when I went for a ride, I had the same problem. The problem seems to be the company not wanting anything to do with it. Are you suggesting I buy and replace problem parts on a new bike which was days old.
I'm suggesting that there's probably nothing "defective" on the bike. I'm suggesting that you find a better LBS, if the current LBS hasn't solved your minor issues. Again, it just sounds like adjustment issues. It certainly doesn't sound like something to confront Koga about.

Bikes have to be assembled once they arrive at the LBS from the manufacturer. It's not a like a car.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts