Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Ten Dollar Jockey
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am trying to decide whether to trade my bike. Most all components are the same, except that the crank arms on the Kuota are slightly longer. I own the Kuota KOM, but I am looking at a SL-3 frame that the bike store owner is ready to sell (he has been riding it).

They both do things well - The SL-3 rides smoother, faster on the straights, more stable.
The KOM climbs incredibly well, it's a harsher ride, it too is extremely fast.

The SL-3 is a good looking bike, and it is slightly lighter. The SL-3 also means spending more $, but the deal is pretty good.

I am having a tough time thinking through this. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
416 Posts
In my opinion, anytime you can upgrade without hurting the wallet I say go for it. It adds more to the pleasure of riding. You will love getting out there, especially on a sl3.:)

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
??????

Where are you getting your prices for the sl3? This bike is 1/2 the price of the Pinarello Dogma and has a lifetime warranty to boot. I love mine and have had no problems with it. the only frame which rode better was my old colnago c-40.:thumbsup:

·
Ten Dollar Jockey
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My pricing for the SL 3 is - frame only, and it is the shop owner's bike. Yes, I will still have to come out of pocket.

·
Ten Dollar Jockey
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thought ther'ed be lot of feedback on this one

Thought that there would be a good bit of healthy debate on this topic.

·
Registered
10,160 Posts
well...

mafpolo said:
Thought that there would be a good bit of healthy debate on this topic.
I think you should own whatever pleases you. Why should others care? You haven't posted anything about yourself, your riding terrain or your needs. Not much to comment about.

One of the problems is that a real comparison requires the bikes to be setup very close to the same. Different tires, wheels, bars and saddle all work to produce an impression of the bike. We don't even know if you're comparing the proper sizes.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts