Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw some pics of the new Kona Haole from the recent Interbike show. It's a cool orange color and looked good. It seems to be popular and available in the UK, but it's tough to find it in the US. Has anyone had the chance to ride or see one of these? What are your impressions?

·
Registered
534 Posts
Not sure of the Hoale, but I had a hell of a time finding a JTS. It made me really question what is going on with Kona when dealers can't order stock. Apparently they make one or two batches of bikes for the year, and if they guess wrong on the demand, you lose.

·
Registered
994 Posts
I haven't seen a Haole in person either.

It's supposed to be the same orange as on my 08 Kapu, which has a beautiful metallic finish. It's very bright and semi translucent compared to the duller solid color orange like on the Molteni orange bikes. The intensity of the orange doesn't show in photos.

Kona road bikes don't move as well as their mountain bikes, so dealers often don't stock them and get them on special order. I live near one of the largest volume moving Kona dealers in the US, and they don't even stock Kona road bikes and instead just push Specialized and Giant road bikes and stick to Kona mtn bikes.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts