Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Slow but not so steady
598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone see the geometry specs on this one? I checked Kona's website and downloaded the PDF but no geometery. CBO has this frameset for $348.

·
Cycling induced anoesis
13,006 Posts
mwilcko2 said:
Is this out yet? Curious as to how much the frame and fork weigh. Hopefully, no more than 6 pounds.
Here's an email response from Kona customer service regarding weight:
"When we scaled the show bike as is with a fork that wasn’t cut down the package was 6.59 pounds"

·
Registered
133 Posts
hmmm.. I wonder if thats too much for a bike that I will one fast group rides.. anyone know what a typical (not high end) aluminum frame/carbon fork combo weighs?

I love the look of this frameset and I miss the ride of my old steel bike.. curious as to if the steel fork makes the ride even smoother?

·
Cycling induced anoesis
13,006 Posts
mwilcko2 said:
Any idea what a complete bike, with middle of the road components, would weigh in at?
I'd say a rough estimate would be 20 - 21 lbs., depending on how much the 'middle of the road' components (mostly wheels) weigh.

If you're mostly concerned with weight, start out with a cheap CF frame from BD or PF and you'll lose 2.5 - 3 lbs. right from the start.

·
Registered
133 Posts
20 pounds? Thats nothing a set of Lew rims can't fix:p

I'm just looking for something that rides smooth for longer rides.... My compact aluminum frame wasn'y exactly fun on the centuries I did last year. I do fast group rides as well... just debating over if the weight will be an issue.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Fender/rack eyelets.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Looks like these run a little big?? 54 would normally be a tad small for me but the standover on that 58 is too tall for me. Normally I ride a 56.. looks like the 54 is the best fit with its 55cm top tube.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts