Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
And suddenly the 2017 Roubaix slips down to THIRD place in the ugly bike war!!!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
320 Posts
I like how radical some of the designs are getting. Can't wait to see what Specialized comes out with next in TT or TRI market.

·
Registered
597 Posts
Polarizing design aside, the guy riding it in Kona had such a hard times with the cross winds that he didn't even stay in the aero bars the whole time. Not the best debut!

I will give them credit though. Creating a bike that thumbs its nose at UCI regulations takes guts. It looks like it works for Felt with their IA and Specialized with their Shiv. However, I'd be surprised if the Andean ever makes it to mass production.

With that said, my heart flutters a bit for the BMC and Cube machines!

·
Registered
647 Posts
Polarizing design aside, the guy riding it in Kona had such a hard times with the cross winds that he didn't even stay in the aero bars the whole time. Not the best debut!

I will give them credit though. Creating a bike that thumbs its nose at UCI regulations takes guts. It looks like it works for Felt with their IA and Specialized with their Shiv. However, I'd be surprised if the Andean ever makes it to mass production.

With that said, my heart flutters a bit for the BMC and Cube machines!
Specialized makes a Shiv which is intended for tri's and the Shiv TT which is UCI compliant and intended for TT road races.

·
Registered
597 Posts
Specialized makes a Shiv which is intended for tri's and the Shiv TT which is UCI compliant and intended for TT road races.
My bad! You are absolutely correct. I don't see too many in public so I forgot about the TT version.

In fact...I think it tested faster in the wind tunnel than the tri version! I guess get one if you do long triathlons and want the internal water storage system and the TT version for Spring/Olympic distances or pure TTs.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts