Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently ride a Enduro model Koobi saddle. I like it's 155mm width and has been a comfortable ride. The thing I don't like is the manganese rails. The coating wore off a while back and it has rusted and looks like hell. What's out there that is comparable with the Koobi.

·
Registered
919 Posts
dirthersh said:
I currently ride a Enduro model Koobi saddle. I like it's 155mm width and has been a comfortable ride. The thing I don't like is the manganese rails. The coating wore off a while back and it has rusted and looks like hell. What's out there that is comparable with the Koobi.
If the overall design of Koobi is to your liking they make some saddles with Ti rails (e.g. Xenon) which shouldn't rust. Koobi saddles appear to be manufactured by Selle Italia (one of mine has a Sella Italia QC sticker on the bottom) and the rails look very similar. BTW, the manganese rails would be more properly described as steel alloy.

·
Registered
34 Posts
why not just repaint the rails with some grey/ black rust paint? I doubt anyone would notice/ care and it would be a lot cheaper than buying a new saddle.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts