Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it just me or have Kreitlers belts quality gone down since Al passed?
Has anybody found a durable, quiet, 1/4"polyurethane replacement for them in both the 72" and 42" sizes?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My originals lasted for years too! I have challengers w/killer headwind. I've broken two fan belts in less than 500 miles, the second was for sure at the seam. I was in such a hurry to get the first one replaced and so happy my LBS had one I never looked at it. I looked at McMaster Carr yesterday prior to posting,but the $$ for a welder sem a bit high. I have melted the ends of broken surfboard leashes in a pinch so I tried it with my roller belt yesterday. It worked OK until I opened up the killer headwind then it broke after a few minutes. I have only had to replace one main belt, but my friend at the LBS says he selling more than ever. Oh as for the belt that broke for sure at the seam. Ekosports(who bought Kreitler) I think its called will not warrenty it or any belt according to my friend at the LBS. Al Kreitler gave a lifetime replacement and he even answared his own phone.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.