Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please advise...

I can get a pair of '06 Ksyrium-SL3 for $550 on a team deal. This will be used for racing and fast training rides. I have DA/OP/32 butted/ wheels now.

I was not seriously considering the K-SLs due to the high MSRP, but is this a deal too good to pass up? Or should I be able to pick up a better pair of racing wheel for $550?

I weigh 175# and am a beginning racer looking to do mostly crits.

Thanks.

·
Registered
100 Posts
RBrider said:
Please advise...

I can get a pair of '06 Ksyrium-SL3 for $550 on a team deal. This will be used for racing and fast training rides. I have DA/OP/32 butted/ wheels now.

I was not seriously considering the K-SLs due to the high MSRP, but is this a deal too good to pass up? Or should I be able to pick up a better pair of racing wheel for $550?

I weigh 175# and am a beginning racer looking to do mostly crits.

Thanks.
You can find new Ksyrium SL's on ebay for about $550 pretty regularly. So I wouldn't buy them thinking you won't find that deal again...

·
Registered
274 Posts
You can find new Ksyrium SL's on ebay for about $550 pretty regularly. So I wouldn't buy them thinking you won't find that deal again...
Yep, see 'em on ebay for about that price or a little more all the time.

However, if you can afford them then you would definately have an awesome racing wheelset. Not the lightest by any means, but they're tough, relatively light and will last forever! For that price I can't think of anything else I'd get unless you stumble across some lightly used superlight carbon wheel for $550.

·
Banned
3,305 Posts
Buy them and get the Mavic MP3 protection. At that price, you're paying $55 extra for two years of peace of mind.

·
Go Aggies
55 Posts
Mp3???

Does the MP3 cover SSC wheels. If you read the fine print you'll find a small part about it not covering SSC wheels. If I'm reading it wrong please tell me. I'd like to get the MP3 on my next set of wheels (Carbones) but I read the little "blurb". Just my 2c

Garrett

http://www.mp3-mavic.com/mp3legal.asp

5th bullit

1 - 6 of 6 Posts