Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it possible to have Ksyrium hubs rebuilt with new rims? If so, how does one go about doing this, how much is it, how long does it take, who do I contact, etc.? Thanks...

·
Registered
21,637 Posts
Back to MAVIC, mostly

While it is possible to rebuild any wheel without going back to the factory, there is the issue of getting your warranty and the specialized tools, spokes, and rims. If you want to put something other than a K rim on them, then your only choice is to have it done at a shop. Whether doing this is actually possible would depend on getting the right length spokes for the rim you choose.

·
Game on, b*tches!
13,467 Posts
You could contact Mavic and see about purchasing just the rims. I would imagine, even if it was possible, that it would PROBABLY be cheaper to buy a new pair. My rear needs a new free-hub body, which my lbs says is no big deal and not a lot of $$ (they have LOTS of miles on them).

·
Registered
2,655 Posts
Parts are cheaper than a new wheel

Kram59 said:
You could contact Mavic and see about purchasing just the rims. I would imagine, even if it was possible, that it would PROBABLY be cheaper to buy a new pair. My rear needs a new free-hub body, which my lbs says is no big deal and not a lot of $$ (they have LOTS of miles on them).
The rims, spokes and free-hub are all available separately and not hard to obtain. Special tools required are none, assuming you still have the spoke wrench which came with the wheels and a wheel truing stand. However, if you don't have much experience in building wheels, I wouldn't necessarily do a Ksyrium as my first build.

·
Game on, b*tches!
13,467 Posts
Good to know. Thanks.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts