Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an opportunity to trade my ksyrium SLs for a pair of Reynolds Assault and wanted to get some feedback. I know they are different wheelsets but would a trade be work it? Also considered selling them and getting a pair of the ROL Race SLs.

Any feedback is appreciated.

·
Registered
283 Posts
I rode Keyriums for a few years then went to handbuilts. I do have a bike with Assaults on it now and like them for a deep carbon wheel.....but you are really comparing apples and oranges.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah, i figured i was. i do not compete or race so i just don't know if the SLs or the assaults are a better all around wheelset.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yeah, i figured i was. i do not compete or race so i just don't know if the SLs or the assaults are a better all around wheelset. Someone just asked to trade and I wasn't sure if I would regret it or not.

·
Registered
536 Posts
Hey, if you end up not wanting to do the trade let me know!... I've got a set of barely-used Attacks I was looking to try to trade for Assaults. If your contact wants a lighter/shallower wheel then maybe he'd like mine ;)

·
Registered
446 Posts
i've got a set of assaults that i love, but that being said, i dont ride them all the time, i've got a set of campy zondas as my everyday wheels... if i crash, hit a huge pothole, screw etc... i'd rather trash a set of zondas and replace them. i dont have 1500 to throw away, so if you're looking for one set, i'd steer clear of carbon. if you've got another set that you'd train on, use in bad/wet weather, than a set of deep dish carbons are a blast to ride.

my assaults have been really good, braking is a little less than with an al clincher, but overall, couldn't be happier. they really buzz once you get over 20mph... can feel the difference.... good luck with the decision

·
Registered
67 Posts
I can't speak to the SLs, but I rode Ksyrium Elites for almost 5,000 miles and really liked them. I recently got a good deal on some Reynolds DV46CKT wheels, which are effectively the same thing as Assaults. I am VERY pleased with the Reynolds wheels. Stiffer, much more comfortable and they look fantastic. Great build quality and very strong. I intend to use them as every day wheels. I kept the Elites as rain wheels, but won't use them much. I've heard it said that riding carbon wheels is like riding on carpet. That's the best description I could give for riding on the Reynolds wheels. I will not be going back to aluminum. By the way, I'm not a racer, but a fairly fast (fast B), recreational rider. I weigh 190 pounds and have had no problems with the Reynolds. I would not hesitate to swap for the Sls. Can you try them before you trade?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts