Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What are the comparison between these two wheelsets? How would you rate these wheels in the following category:

1. Acceleration
2. Durability
3. Handling
4. Ride (i.e. compliance)
5. Other (positive and negative comments)

· Cannot bench own weight
4,298 Posts
For a non-pro, I'm not sure why you would get the ES unless you really wanted red and black Ksyriums. I'm pretty sure they are very similar in all manners except for hub weights.

· Banned
2,767 Posts
Like Kerry, #5. Ksyriums are way overpriced for no performance advantage. For less money, a builder could build you a set of wheels that beats Ksyriums in just about every category.

· Adrenalina Italiana
987 Posts
I currently own both sets and can't tell a difference

I run the same tires and bars with both wheels and come up about even in ride value. I think the ES wheels look alot classier and come with nice wheelbags,but I only went with this wheel because it looked better with my Tarmac.

The rim is the same ,the ES hub has longer flanges and the front is larger in dia,with I think a carbon wrap, I don't think it is structural,but without cutting one up it is hard to tell.

· Do not touch the trim.
2,383 Posts
uscsig51 said:
What are the comparison between these two wheelsets? How would you rate these wheels in the following category:

1. Acceleration
2. Durability
3. Handling
4. Ride (i.e. compliance)
5. Other (positive and negative comments)
The ES uses a bushing in the freehub instead of a bearing to save weight and needs to be lubed frequently.......weak.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.