Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I need a little help. On the board are 2006 Ksyriums, Fulcrum Racing 1's and Camy Eurus for purchase each within a 100 bucks of the other. Could I ask for some input about which to go for? I know it becomes personal and about looks/style, etc., and I don't think I can go wrong with any of the three. I'm race some, weigh 145lbs and have a Record 10 setup.

I've read about Ksyriums and no truing for a long time...although breaking a spoke is a pain to repair. I've read about the Campy rims and record hubs being better than Mavic hubs. Fulcrum is made by Campy, and they've been ridden by pros in many high profile races. Soooo.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
BW

·
Registered
16 Posts
Campy Eurus

I got a set of the Campy Eurus (black) a few months ago, and I must say that I am awfully impressed. Nice stiffness with a slight flex in the decents. Corners well too, like a knife through butter. I have about 500 miles on them.

I have a set of Easton Orions, and they are sweet too. Just a little stiffer than the Eurus. But really can't beat the Eurus. You can get great deals if you shop around. I got mine at www.lickbike.com. Call them to get the best deal.

Yeah the Fulcrums are just about the same, you just don't get the cool G3 rear spoke pattern. Also, they are more for the Shimano crowd (my opinion).

The Ksyriums Specail Edition are sweet, but nobody seems to be budging off the price much.

Dollars to value, you can't beat the Eurus. Only downside is that with the higher profile, you can feel the crosswind, and tires seem to take a bit more muscle to mount.

·
Registered
105 Posts
kiddoh said:
Hi,

I need a little help. On the board are 2006 Ksyriums, Fulcrum Racing 1's and Camy Eurus for purchase each within a 100 bucks of the other. Could I ask for some input about which to go for? I know it becomes personal and about looks/style, etc., and I don't think I can go wrong with any of the three. I'm race some, weigh 145lbs and have a Record 10 setup.

I've read about Ksyriums and no truing for a long time...although breaking a spoke is a pain to repair. I've read about the Campy rims and record hubs being better than Mavic hubs. Fulcrum is made by Campy, and they've been ridden by pros in many high profile races. Soooo.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
BW
I've had several pairs of Ksyriums and now run the Fulcrum Racing 1's. I'm very impressed with them. I feel they are on par w/Ksyriums in terms of weight, stiffness, etc. I think their fit/finish is a little better than K's and they are a little beefier if you look at both pairs side by side. Basically the all the little details-Very nice QR's, rims are counterbalanced and you can get them in black or silver-makes them a very nice wheelset to have. BTW I run Record 10 as well.

2wheelsport

·
Self-Banned
16,905 Posts
I've only used Neutron and Boras over the last four years or so but the Fulcrum Racing1 Wheels look very nice and I have no reason to think they aren't as tough as Campy wheels.

·
Registered
162 Posts
2006 Eurus

I have the 2006 Eurus wheels in silver. They are not like the 2005 wheels. I suspect they are rebadged Fulcrum racing 1 wheels although the weight for the front is lighter which I believe Campy shaved some more material off of. They now have bladed spokes like Kysriums and are really stiff. I have had just one ride with them and can feel the difference between them and my protons. They spin up really easily and are really fast. Get them you wont regret it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts