Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've raced on my Ksryiums (clinchers) enough and read enough in the forums that the Mavic Ksyriums are strong and duable enough for cross - enough so that many pro's use these as their favorite wheels.

So.....I was planning on buying a set of use Ksryium tubulars.....I have come across the Fulcrum Racing 1 wheels as well and was wondering if these would be just as strong as the Mavics? They both seem to be running around the same price, but finding a nice set of the Ksyriums used in tubulars is becomming a bit more difficult. If the Fulcrums would be equal...I just doubled my ability to possibly finding a set at a reasonable price.

Michael

· Registered
799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Pricing

Used K's are running anywhere from $350-$550
A new Dura Ace/Reflex wheelset runs $550-$600 - used is near impossible to find right now.

So my reasoning is finding a used set of K's or Fulchrums is is "may be a bit easier and less expensive.

I'll just keep my eyes open for a 3 sets and see which falls into my lap first.

Michael

euro-trash said:
Yes the Fulchrums will be strong enough. I agree with the other poster that simple cheap wheels are more practical, but if you have the dough and want K's or the 1's, then go for it.

· Blah, Blah, Blah
618 Posts
KMan said:
Used K's are running anywhere from $350-$550
A new Dura Ace/Reflex wheelset runs $550-$600 - used is near impossible to find right now.

So my reasoning is finding a used set of K's or Fulchrums is is "may be a bit easier and less expensive.

I'll just keep my eyes open for a 3 sets and see which falls into my lap first.

Michael
Actually from Colorado Cyclist you can get Dura Ace hubs on Reflex rims with DB spokes and alloy nipples brand new for a smidge over $450.

You can get Ultegra for like $260ish.

No, I don't work for them, I've had their wheels though and they do a super job.

· Former Roadbikereview Editor
Steelman Eurocross bike
3,151 Posts
I'm riding the Racing 1's and the Ksyrium's at the moment. On a blind test, they seem like the same wheel. Very stiff, very responsive, about equal weight.

The Racing 1's look a heck of a lot cooler and seems to have a nicer cassette body. I don't think you'll find many used or discounted though.

fc

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.