Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,135 Posts
Yes it really works. I thought it was a load of BS til I cracked a rib, while it did not heal it it did wonders with lessing the pain and helping me sleep. My wife also used it to good effect on a torn calf and a hurt knee.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Does work. I used both KT Tape and Spider tape.

I have "loose" patella tendons in both knees. One worse than the other. I wrap both typically, and they do help to just provide enough stabilization/support, yet not be a hinderance and noticeable whatsoever.

I don't train/race without it now.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I have PT friends who swear by it. I have some but haven't had to use it. The Spider tech stuff is just pre-cut kinesio tape. From what I've been told, the hardest part is using it properly. People stretch it too much when applying it. It's supposed to assist the muscles, not take their place.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I had a third degree AC separation last year and used KT on my shoulder during my recovery. That stuff is magical and I cannot recommend it highly enough as an aid in recovery.

·
Registered
308 Posts
I had a third degree AC separation last year and used KT on my shoulder during my recovery. That stuff is magical and I cannot recommend it highly enough as an aid in recovery.
same with me. i race two weeks after a crash and Level III AC seperation. would not have been able to do that without the KT Tape. I could def feel the difference when i would not wear it and when i did.

·
slow hill climber
62 Posts
used the Kinsio tape on my calf issue seemed to help alot, some good videos on youtube how to use it as you need to stretch then put it on

i buy the 2" strip easy to install with split down the middle after the 1st inch :thumbsup:

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I have to agree this stuff works well. I put it on my calf, since that's where i cramp the most, and it does the job nicely. I do have a problem though. Sometimes but not all the time it doesn't always stay on mid-ride. I clean the area with rubbing alcohol and wait an hour or so before the ride and give it the right amount of stretch yet it comes off. IDk maybe not all of the KT tape "sticky-ness" is the same. Been meaning to try the KT Tape Pro.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts