Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have a 5 month old Sweep (great helmet) and the covering on the front sweat pad came off. I looked online to buy a new set of pads to no avail. Finally, went to the Bell site and emailed their customer service. Got a prompt email back that they were mailing me a new set of pads. Got them in 2 days.

Sent a thank you email, and got a prompt reply back apologizing for the issue.

Not used to that kind of service anymore. Great job, Bell!

· Fat Guy in a Little Coat
82 Posts
cthomas said:
Have a 5 month old Sweep (great helmet) and the covering on the front sweat pad came off. I looked online to buy a new set of pads to no avail. Finally, went to the Bell site and emailed their customer service. Got a prompt email back that they were mailing me a new set of pads. Got them in 2 days.

Sent a thank you email, and got a prompt reply back apologizing for the issue.

Not used to that kind of service anymore. Great job, Bell!
I had the same issue last year with my sweep, and Bell handled it the same way. BTW, I have had no issues with the new pads.

· Does it matter?
760 Posts
I'm pretty sure Bell and Giro are under the same company, I've gotten two sets of replacement pads for my Pneumo over the years from them. Just sent them an email and they sent me the pads. I think that also Blackburn is under the same company and they sent me a rebuilt kit (lifetime warranty) on their airstik pump when I contacted them about it. I'm sure these parts probably cost them less than the shipping, but it is great customer service and I remember that. When it came time to get a frame pump, I got a Blackburn, and when I got another helmet, it was another Giro Pneumo.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.