· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been in the market for a new road bike and have narrowed it down to four bikes:

Kuota Kharma
Orbea Onix
Felt F2C
Scott CR1 Pro

Does anyone one have any pros or cons for these bikes. I'm leaning towards the Orbea and Kuota due to the lifetime warranty. I'm worried about Scott because they were in the US market, pulled out and now they are back in. I'm looking for a bike to supplement my mountain bike training and do some minor racing with it here and there.

· Registered
1,175 Posts
I have a Scott CR1 Pro and absolutely love it...great bike for a great price....Orbea is really nice and made by the same factory....

I thought the Kuotas looked kind of weird and in person seem OK, but aren't as stiff as the Scott....

Never ridden a Felt, but they look nice....

The Flash

· Registered
5 Posts
Too many choices

I am also looking for a new bike but have it narrowed down to a Bianchi 928 built up with Chorus and Centaur or a Kuota Kharma built up with Chorus, I have ridden the Bianchi and liked it a lot. I am replacing a Trek 2300 with ULTEGRA. The Kuota comes with better wheels Kyserium SL's vs Campy Sirroco's for about the same dollars. The Kuota has a cool factor in that it is very pretty bike in the painted version, just my opinion, vs the Bianchi of which there are a lot of around here. Did you ride the Kharma?

· Registered
54 Posts
Which bike

Go the Scott. Just bought one, amazing bike. Had the Orbea before it . Cant compare the two. Scott has everything you would want in a bike. Light ,fast great uphills,downhills, sprinting, smooth , stable, every bit of effort makes bike go forward, Buy one.:)

· Registered
1,027 Posts
I just got rid of an Orbea Orca, -to flexy for me, and am now on a Look 555. You can get one built with ultegra 10 and velomax circuit rims for under 3000.00 from colorado cyslist. If you want better rims it only a couple of hundred more. Whats more is you do not have to pay tax if you do not live in colorado, that should save you a couple of hundred dollars.

· Banned
476 Posts
where made?

Myself - I would want to know on all three - where are the frames made - is it Taiwan or China? I would pay more for a bike frame made in Taiwan

I know Felt brings most their frames from China to Taiwan to be setup as nikes there
Specialized also does this on their carbon fiber models --Scott are also reportedly made in China and then shipped to Taiwan for setup

e-mail the companies and ask them; and if they will not answer - you can guess they are made in china -- companies generally will not lie in a written e-mail -- But if they use trickly language like 'our bikes are assembled in Taiwan from imported components' -- then the frame is probably from China

· Registered
432 Posts
All the bikes mentioned are great bikes. You really can't go wrong in that price range, quality-wise. Being that fit and handling are the two most important factors, choose based on your own personal feelings, having test-ridden the bikes. Do not rely on other opinions since we are all different in perceptions and desires.

· Registered
397 Posts
All of the bikes you're looking at are, IMHO, great rides. I just bought a Kuota Kharma because of the more traditional geometry. I find it exceptional (and I own several several other CF rides including a Giant TCR and Six13). I cannot say enough good things about my impressions of this bike. Comfy, super stable, light enough, stiff, etc. I took a chance a bought mine online. I paid $2700 delivered for the the Kharma with Chorus and K's. Even the Kuota finishing kit is top-notch. Do not hesitate to grab one.

· Registered
799 Posts
Champaine taste on a beer budget??

I assume with the Scott you are looking at the Pro or Team - Felt the F3C? The F2C list at $3,999.

From what I can see or have read on RBR, you are paying extra $$ for the Scott frame and getting the same or lower components than the Felt. My LBS is a Felt and Scott dealer and I could only spring the $$ for the Felt - Ended up getting the F2C. If I had unlimited cash still not sure if I would go with the Scott without a decent test ride as I do not like the sloping TT/

KMan

Fugitt said:
Price range is between $2,500 and $3,500.

· Banned
476 Posts
China

edlouie said:
Are you saying Chinese products are inferior to Taiwanese products?

What i am saying is
- china arrests people for speaking out in public
- china will not help the world community stop Iran from getting the Bomb
- chica threatens to invade Taiwan and we spend money to protect them
- china forces prisioners and children to work in salve conditions
- china will not let tibit be free

what I am saying is - if i have an option - i will get a frame from taiwan over china

· Registered
163 Posts
collectorvelo said:
What i am saying is
- china arrests people for speaking out in public
- china will not help the world community stop Iran from getting the Bomb
- chica threatens to invade Taiwan and we spend money to protect them
- china forces prisioners and children to work in salve conditions
- china will not let tibit be free

what I am saying is - if i have an option - i will get a frame from taiwan over china
All valid reasons for boycotting a country's products. Good for you!

· Banned
3,317 Posts
FWIW, I ride a Kuota Kalibur TT bike and I am stunned at what an incredible ride it is. It seems to fly over bumps and it's impressively stable at speed. I'm very impressed with Kuota.

BTW, Kuotas are made out of Taiwan by Martec.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.