Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Where's that GPS?
3,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

Would it be rude to say that the Omloop on Saturday is really just a warm-up for KBK on Sunday?

Probably, but it seems the majority of the heavy hitters have opted for the KBK this year.

Omega Pharma-Quickstep is sending Mark Cavendish, Tom Boonen and Niki Terpstra. Team Sky is not cutting corners either sending Edvald Boasson Hagen, Geraint Thomas and Bernhard Eisel. Not to be undone, Lotto will play a hand including Andre Greipel, Jurgen Roelandts and Lars Bak. In as a not-so-longshot is Garmin Sharp's Nick Nuyens.

Kuurne-Brussel-Kuurne Start List | Cyclingnews.com

While I'd love to see Lars Bak sneak away with an upset here, I'm thinking Boonen (if 100%) or Geipel if it comes to a bunch sprint.

Boonen Uncertain Of Form For Belgian Openers | Cyclingnews.com

·
Registered
12,061 Posts

Would it be rude to say that the Omloop on Saturday is really just a warm-up for KBK on Sunday?

Probably, but it seems the majority of the heavy hitters have opted for the KBK this year.

Omega Pharma-Quickstep is sending Mark Cavendish, Tom Boonen and Niki Terpstra. Team Sky is not cutting corners either sending Edvald Boasson Hagen, Geraint Thomas and Bernhard Eisel. Not to be undone, Lotto will play a hand including Andre Greipel, Jurgen Roelandts and Lars Bak. In as a not-so-longshot is Garmin Sharp's Nick Nuyens.

Kuurne-Brussel-Kuurne Start List | Cyclingnews.com

While I'd love to see Lars Bak sneak away with an upset here, I'm thinking Boonen (if 100%) or Geipel if it comes to a bunch sprint.
It's not easy to see how Bak would be in top shape this close to breaking his hand.

·
Where's that GPS?
3,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's not easy to see how Bak would be in top shape this close to breaking his hand.
Agreed - Bak is more of a sentimental favorite for me. I like his attacking style.

·
Where's that GPS?
3,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Where's that GPS?
3,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.