Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got out for the first ride of the year, it's also the first time using my new FSA KWing bar and stem. Is it my imagination or does this bar/stem combo flex!

I've tried the Kwing a few times on a Look 585 and have felt a similar feeling, I never completly attributed it to the bar and stem, but since I'm more familiar with my bike (Guru Racelite), I noticed the flex right away.

Crazy huh? Is this common? I haven't heard of it before. Maybe I should change stems?

Thanks

bg.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I've been out riding six times on the bike since I posted. After consideration, I don't think that there's necessarily more flex in the bar and stem....but there's certainly a different feel than my old setup (Deda Magic)

Searching the 'net i found reviews that for the most part found the bar stiff, but some found it less stiff than other bars. A reviewer on this website supported my original feeling that the Magic is stiffer than the Kwing.

After I originally posted, I checked my bike all over, I found a slight looseness in the rear hub, that was it. Everything's tight. With the new bars the bike rides even smoother, I'm happy with it.

bg

1 - 6 of 6 Posts