Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
LA says he's going to show up at TDF after all, also said...
<i>"I'm not gonna run and hide like some other former champs might. With all that happened before the start (of the 2006 Tour), I feel as if the sport and even the event needs fans and supporters right now," Armstrong declared. "It's not the time for me to run and hide. I need to stand up and say how great cycling and the racing is."</i>

had to look it up on <a href="http://www.cyclingnews.com/news.php?id=news/2006/jul06/jul08news2">cyclingnews</a> after I heard trautwig mention it. so now "other former champs" are running and hiding? He's really got issues. I don't think it's gonna help matters to have him show up and remind people that he's the only "clean rider on the podium", but it's certainly his right to do so.

·
Registered
4,838 Posts
ChilliConCarnage said:

I think Indurain was there before? Is Hinault always on the podium handing out jerseys?

Maybe it is about Lemond! :cryin:

Like Lemond has a sponsor and is associated with a team.. I'm sure if Discovery paid for Lemond to be over there - he would go..?..:idea:

·
Call me a Fred
17,025 Posts
Jan is a former winner and he seems to be in hiding.

G

·
I love what LA does for those afflicted by cancer, but every time he opens his mouth about cycling he says something that'll create controversy ^shrug^

·
LA CHEVRE
2,459 Posts
This might explain the many Lance haters. He often say stupid things... He really is good on a bike, understand and know about everything he needs to in order to be a great racer but everytime he opens his mouth, he makes himself look like he is not too smart. Chasing Simeoni in front of TV cameras in the biggest race to ask him to shut up about his pusher's trial doesn't help make him look smart either...

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
bas said:
I think Indurain was there before? Is Hinault always on the podium handing out jerseys?

Maybe it is about Lemond! :cryin:

Like Lemond has a sponsor and is associated with a team.. I'm sure if Discovery paid for Lemond to be over there - he would go..?..:idea:
Lemond used to lead a party of riders to the tour after he retired. I think it was a hiliday company he was involved in. I don't think that counts as running & hiding.

LA is the only winner who has stated that he's not going as far as I can remember.

Methinks Mr Armstrong has a few issues with reality.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.