Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw an add for a lapierre 2009 carbon cross frame at my LBS. Claimed weight is 1175grams for a size small. They called the distributor to gcheck some geometry info and they claimed a size 57 frame has a 56.1cm ETT, 57cm ST, but a 115mm head tube (using an integrated head set!). This seems like a mistake to me. That is VERY short for a HT on a road bike of this size, let alone a CX bike. But, the next size up has a claimed 144mm HT, with a 58cm ETT. This also is very short.

Does anyone have additional info, or can you confirm these numbers? I was going to call the distributor to double check, but they were closed when I got home from work.

· Registered
960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Lapierre france told me there was no 59, that it was actually a 60. They also said the carbon bike has a traditional headtube, with lengths of 150 for the 57 and 170 for the 60. This matches the geometry of their current CX bike. But, it's hard to know what to believe when the info I was given is so different from two sources. Was SBS really that wrong when they quoted me the geometry info, or is Lapierre just telling me the geometry from their old CX bike model? I just can't believe they would put a 115mm head tube on a size 57 bike.

Maybe the best thing is to just wait a bit and see when these frames start hitting the dealers.... I just don't want to wait too long and not be able to get one.

Anyone else have some info they could pass along?

· Registered
960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have one on order. Lapierre told me it uses a regular head seat and has a 127mm head tube length for a size 57. This is quite different than what SBS is telling people.

That picture you posted sure looks like it has an integrated head tube. (Or at least internal)

· Registered
5 Posts
I have the 59 (or 60) depending on who your source is ordered. My current cross rig has a 170mm head tube (I'm nut using anyspacers other than the cable hanger) so this may interesting. I'm planning on going with a Ritchey WCS cross fork, any coments on it or other recomendations? I'll post geometery on the 59 when I get it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.