Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 116 Posts

·
Registered
485 Posts
I'd love to ride, but the only fixie I have these days is the one that only goes on the track. Had to temporarily store my street/commuter fixie in my brother's garage in San Diego. Too many bikes for the apartment. Gotta keep the peace.

·
Registered
3,094 Posts
Dave, you say LA "beach cities." I assume you mean the Santa Monica area (my old stomping grounds). I'm now further south in the Huntington Beach area. Still could be done. Of course, we'll likely get our one and only "gully-washer" that weekend.

If it can be worked out, I'm game.

·
Premium Member
20,473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Richard said:
Dave, you say LA "beach cities." I assume you mean the Santa Monica area (my old stomping grounds). I'm now further south in the Huntington Beach area. Still could be done. Of course, we'll likely get our one and only "gully-washer" that weekend.

If it can be worked out, I'm game.

Sorry, ...Redondo, Manhattan, Hermosa area..... As I said, I'm open to travel...

·
Registered
3,094 Posts
That too.

Dave Hickey said:
Sorry, ...Redondo, Manhattan, Hermosa area..... As I said, I'm open to travel...
Used to ride through there a lot on the way to loop Palos Verdes in the old club days. Nice, flat, and "bike friendly" between Marina Del Rey and P.V.

Where I am now, Pacific Coast Hwy between Newport Beach and Long Beach makes a great fixie ride. Lots of cyclists (particularly on weekends), and a wide shoulder make it nice despite the fairly fast car traffic.

Both of those rides give you views of the Pacific just about all the way.:thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
20,473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Count on it one of the days,....I've ridden from Seal Beach to San Clemente and back a couple of times... I really like riding PCH......

I just finalized the trip. I'm staying in the Homestead Suites in El Segundo...I'm open all day on Saturday and Sunday.... I'd like to meet as many RBRers as possible

·
duh...
9,658 Posts
Dave Hickey said:
Count on it one of the days,....I've ridden from Seal Beach to San Clemente and back a couple of times... I really like riding PCH......

I just finalized the trip. I'm staying in the Homestead Suites in El Segundo...I'm open all day on Saturday and Sunday.... I'd like to meet as many RBRers as possible

El Segundo??? geeze..... but I suppose if it's OK for CSC it's OK. see if they will let you into the Home Depot Center/ADT Events Center velodrome... actually I just checked their website- there is a UCI World Cup track event going on 1/18-20, with the typical sched, i.e. evening events. check it out, but be warned, no beer sold

·
Premium Member
11,955 Posts
FatTireFred said:
El Segundo??? geeze..... but I suppose if it's OK for CSC it's OK. see if they will let you into the Home Depot Center/ADT Events Center velodrome... actually I just checked their website- there is a UCI World Cup track event going on 1/18-20, with the typical sched, i.e. evening events. check it out, but be warned, no beer sold
I knew those dates sounded familiar.....definitely plan on joining us at the track races! Sat. night?

·
Registered
3,094 Posts
Dave Hickey said:
Cool....We might have the makings of an official RBR ride...

Do a fixed ride Sat or Sun and go to ADT Saturday night..... :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Being that I regularly work Sat and Sun (retail you know), if we can get something finalized, I can get the day(s) off. This would be "way cool!":D

1 - 20 of 116 Posts