Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
N. Hollywood, CA
754 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm finally getting around to posting some shots I took during a commute a few weeks back. Previously we did scenes from Burbank to downtown Los Angeles. This time we start downtown for a closeup view of the not-so-big city. First some mural shots - once again inspired by Northcoast...

·
N. Hollywood, CA
754 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
more LA shots

The pig is on the luggage/concierge stand outside an old hotel. I think they're apartments now.

By the way - the tall building on the top/left of the last shot is the US Bank building. Recently exposed by Bushy as one of Al Qaida's targets. Gotta admit, it's a looker!

·
N. Hollywood, CA
754 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Fast and Furious - in Tokyo

Well wouldn't ya know - they were filming the latest Fast and Furious movie (sequel) and it was supposed to be in Tokyo. But it must have been easier to convert sleepy downtown LA into a look alike and get some extras from nearby little Tokyo!

Isn't it nice to see so many commuter bikes in the city? And not only baskets, but also fenders and dynamo lights. Wowee!

Anyway, I was quite late after stopping for all these shots, so let's head upstairs...

·
N. Hollywood, CA
754 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
the view from 32

Looking south west towards the west side. Looking west and you can just make out the Hollywood sign and to its right the Griffith observatory (you know, where James Dean had that knife fight).

Looking down at the pool at the Pegasus, and over to the right the pool atop the Standard (a hip hotel with rooftop bar). And then the sun setting over towards Santa Monica - and time to head back home!

·
N. Hollywood, CA
754 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
heart of downtown... and baskets?

Here we turn west on 5th and then zig-zag over to Wilshire Blvd. Approaching my building... and what is this... Japanese signs? Bikes with baskets?

·
N. Hollywood, CA
754 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
last shots after sundown

Well it was about time to wrap up my shooting for the day. End of the roll of film and getting hungry but over an hour more riding left.

Some shots on Main Street downtown. Quite a bit of life after dark, shopping for radios, jeans, wedding dresses and such. And a quick good night from Chinatown.

Hope you enjoyed the brief tour. See you on the streets.

·
Registered
78 Posts
ispoke,

Awesome man, just awesome.

Is the Fast & the Furious sequel what they have been filming at the Dept of Transportation building (corner of Main and 1st right next to Little Tokyo) for the last few months? Someday I'll have to bring out my camera and take some shots of the architecture of downtown. That D.O.T building is probably my favorite downtown structure, more than the Walt Disney Concert Hall or City Hall or the Convention Center.

Stay safe!

·
Where Are We Eating?
129 Posts
Very nice.

Lately I've been riding around parts of LA I've never seen before and I'm always surprised when I round a turn to find yet another interesting building or house. Nice pics!

·
Bacon!
9,190 Posts
Nice picture spread. Really cool.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts