8 Igor Anton Hernandez (Spa) Euskaltel - Euskadi
9 Koldo Fernandez De Larrea (Spa) Euskaltel - Euskadi
10 Mikel Astarloza Chaurreau (Spa) Euskaltel - Euskadi

Full results here..

discuss.jpg
Click Here

Links to news sites...

"Italy's Pozzato takes first golden jersey of Tour of Spain

GRANADA, Spain (AFP) - Italian team Liquigas won the first stage of the Tour of Spain on Saturday, a time trial of 7.7 kilometres in the southwestern city of Granada, that saw Filippo Pozzato take the first golden jersey of the race for the overall leader.

The Italian side came ahead of two Spanish teams: Euskaltel by eight seconds and Caisse d'Epargne by nine seconds.

"It was a nice victory for the whole team, particularly since I am leaving at the end of the season. They were nice enough to let me have it," said Pozzato who is heading to a new outfit, Russia's Katusha, next year." Read more from the AFP...

"Liquigas surprise over time trialling favourites
Filippo Pozzato in gold ahead of challenging stages

Team Liquigas posted an early time of 8'21" on the 7.7-kilometre team time trial parcours that marked the opening day of the 63rd Vuelta a España. The time stuck - and the team held off Euskaltel-Euskadi at eight seconds and Caisse d'Epargne at nine seconds to put the Italian team's ace, Italian Filippo Pozzato, in the leaders golden jersey.

Belgium's Quick Step finished in fourth at 10 seconds and favourite CSC-Saxo Bank, with Tour de France champion Carlos Sastre, finished in fifth at 11 seconds.

Overall favourite Alberto Contador (Astana) wasn't too concerned with the 14 seconds he lost to Pozzato, as he was more concerned with the time lost to his strongest competitors, Alejandro Valverde (Caisse d'Epargne) and Carlos Sastre (CSC). "This first stage has been a beautiful show and the team gave everything. I am happy to see that. Everything has gone well, because regarding to the other favourites, Sastre and Valverde, the differences are so small that we don't have to give them importance." Read more from CyclingNews.com...