9 David Moncoutié (Fra) Cofidis - Le Crédit par Téléphone - 9.32
10 Oliver Zaugg (Swi) Gerolsteiner - 10.01

Full results here..

discuss.jpg
Click Here

Links to news sites...
"Breakaway succeeds, Erviti nabs first win

By Susan Westemeyer

Imanol Erviti of Caisse d'Epargne made his first professional victory a big one in Las Rozas, crossing the finish line only centimetres ahead of Credit Agricole's Nicolas Roche in the 18th stage of the Vuelta. The two were part of a successful breakaway group, which had gotten away early and held a lead of up to eight minutes. There was no change in the top of the overall rankings.

David Herrero of Xacobeo was the first to successfully get away from the break with about five kilometres to go. He was joined by Erviti, Roche and Vasiliy Kiryenka of Tinkoff, who were able to build up enough of a lead to sprint for the win among themselves. Herrero finished third on the day, one second down.

"I didn't raise my hands [over the line] because it was just too close," the previously little-known Erviti said. "I was afraid of letting this opportunity slip away. We were fighting hard for the sprint. This is my first victory as a pro and straight at the Vuelta. It is grandissimo." The finish was indeed very close, at first looking like a photo finish." Read more from CyclingNews.com...

"Erviti edges Roche to win 18th stage of Tour of Spain

LAS ROZAS, Spain (AFP) - Spain's Imanol Erviti edged Ireland's Nicholas Roche to win the 18th stage of the Tour of Spain Thursday, as his compatriot Alberto Contador kept his overall lead.

Erviti of the Caisse d'Epargne team and Roche of Credit Agricole recorded the same time in the sprint finish to the 167.4 kilometre (100.4 miles) stage between Valladolid and Las Rozas.

The French-born Roche moves up to 13th from 17th place in the overall standings, while Erviti remains outside the top 100." Read more from the AFP...