Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone else experience labor day slugs, or even just recently maybe not on labor day? I rode my fixed cross check about 24miles last monday to bring some movies back to the store and get a ride in, took the hillier scenic route to town, and when I got back, eventhough I was trying to avoid them on the road or shoulder and even though I have full fenders on I had slug guts on the down tube, yuck. It took a couple minutes with a rag and full strengh simple green to clean it up. I guess I'm a homicidal mullusk killer, so just to warn you all watch out for slugs. Oh yea I don't live in Tucson anymore. This is in western Washington- of course.

· Big is relative
11,901 Posts
single1x1 said:
Anyone else experience labor day slugs, or even just recently maybe not on labor day? I rode my fixed cross check about 24miles last monday to bring some movies back to the store and get a ride in, took the hillier scenic route to town, and when I got back, eventhough I was trying to avoid them on the road or shoulder and even though I have full fenders on I had slug guts on the down tube, yuck. It took a couple minutes with a rag and full strengh simple green to clean it up. I guess I'm a homicidal mullusk killer, so just to warn you all watch out for slugs. Oh yea I don't live in Tucson anymore. This is in western Washington- of course.
I experienced that when I lived in Poulsbo many years ago, but never that bad. Out here in Hawaii we have these trees that produce seed pods that drop onto the MUT. They are about 3-5" long and sticky. After being on the ground for a day or two they dry out and lose their sticky but the fresh ones will stick to your tire and frame. They cause my front fender to break away about once a week. Since this is the tropics, they drop these pods year round.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.