eRacer
2,555 Posts
Looks like a good article to me.
What is the ?

·
Registered
11,561 Posts
Andrea138 said:
What's wrong with it? It's not a master's thesis or anything, but it's aight.
Well there are some patently false statements in there and I'm not sure he's done a very good job of discussing the topic as a whole. Basically a rehash of a somewhat antiquated view, or at least a highly unrefined view, of lactic acid's role in metabolism.

For example, this statement is patently false:

"Glycogen stored in the muscle cells is the sole fuel used for anaerobic work."

·
Anti-Hero
10,343 Posts
True... but it's the only fuel that produces lactic acid during anaerobic work, so I can see why they'd "forget" to mention PCr in there.
At least they aren't recommending stretching the day after your workout as a means of getting rid of trapped lactic acid...

·
Registered
11,561 Posts
Andrea138 said:
True... but it's the only fuel that produces lactic acid during anaerobic work, so I can see why they'd "forget" to mention PCr in there.
At least they aren't recommending stretching the day after your workout as a means of getting rid of trapped lactic acid...
Glucose transported into the muscle from the blood is a another major source of substrate for glycolysis.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.