Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Lets Go Hokies!!!
5,930 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did anyone here stay up and watch the Womens National Championship game last night? I gotta say, I think it was a better game than 97% of the games during the mens tourny. Duke was beating MD by 13 at one point, 11 at halftime. Amazing performance by a FRESHMAN to shoot a game tying 3 with a 6'7" beast in front of her with like 4 seconds left in regulation. Great game. Way better than the mens champ game. Just something I'd been thinking about this morning.

·
Non non normal
10,086 Posts
I watched and I never watch women's basketball. I thought it was a nailbiter with a great finish. That was a clutch shot. It was a whole lot more entertaining game than the men's championship blowout.

I am a Maryland fan. Eutopia is Maryland winning a national championship. Nirvana is winning a national championship by beating Duke. I don't care if it is the national checkers championship. It is always sweet when Maryland beats another ACC team for the championship and Duke in particular. I think most ACC fans feel that way about their teams.

·
Banned
2,302 Posts
I was at the gym and had to leave (they close at 11) in OT with the game tied at 74. Caught most of the rest of the game. During regulation I thought Md was gonna lose bc they kept missing free throws (while Duke was making most of theirs). Duke was up basically the whole game until the very end. The shot at the end of regulation was amazing. Great game. I'm glad Maryland won. Always liked them.

·
More Cowbell!
4,832 Posts
HokieRider said:
I gotta say, I think it was a better game than 97% of the games during the mens tourny.
It was certainly better than the men's championship game. But better than 97% of the other games? Not. That's saying that only two games in the men's tournament were better. Shoot, three games went into OT and the WVU v. TX and Gonzaga v. UCLA games were at least as exciting by themselves. Then add in the whole GMU thing... Lots of fantastic finishes, team efforts, individual efforts, upsets ... Cripes, there were 64 games (including the play-in) and 23 games were decided by 5 points or less. This year the men's tournament was great.

·
Lets Go Hokies!!!
5,930 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Living in Fairfax County I was totally into the GMU thing, and the only games that I found really exciting other than GMU were the Zags v. UCLA and the WVU v. Texas. OK, so maybe I exaggerated a little on the 97%, but I think that one womens game was much better than most of the mens games. It would be interesting to see how many people actually watched it though.

·
Windrider (Stubborn)
22,021 Posts
I watched........

the last 7 minutes of regulation and the OT. I flipped to the game several times before the last 7 minutes but it was a pretty bad game & I kept flipping away. It was only when MD started to come back that it became an interesting game.

It was entertaining at the end though.

But better than most of the men's tournament games is a stretch.......I will agree it was better than the men's championship game.

Len

·
nothing
120 Posts
I didn't see any of the women's tournament, but I don't have a hard time believing their championship game was more exciting then the men's. I thought the men's tournament had several great games, but the last three were a snooze-fest.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts