Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Thanks for the pics...that's me on the ground, after being...slightly rubbed into the barriers??

Thanks for capturing it. They ended up not relegating the other rider, wonder if the official would have changed his mind had he seen the photo?

Any chance you could send me the full quality image of those last two?

Thanks
Peter

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Peter,

Hopefully you can go back and talk to the official, everyone watching saw you get pushed into the barrier. It was like Robbie McEwen's 2007 TdF sprint finish, except I think this guy was much worse.

Check your PM when you have a moment.

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
PJG said:
Thanks for the pics...that's me on the ground, after being...slightly rubbed into the barriers??

Thanks for capturing it. They ended up not relegating the other rider, wonder if the official would have changed his mind had he seen the photo?

Any chance you could send me the full quality image of those last two?

Thanks
Peter
Dude, you got screwed - the other guy is obviously trying to keep you from going around - with his elbows. Hope the picture helps your case, and if not - well, what comes around goes around! :)

·
Registered
7 Posts
It was for the win, although I ended up 4th, and that guy got 3rd. There were two racers on the right side of the road that you can't see. They took 1st and 2nd. We were all lined up, I swung left to the open road to come around that guy, and then started veering to the left, further and further and further. The photographer has a few more sequence photos that really show how far and for how long he was pushing me left (elbows, hips, etc.). I guess I could have let up, but that was the last thing on my mind at that point. And certainly, I don't think that sort of riding is excusable whether it's for 1st or 101st place.

·
Registered
217 Posts
so did you go down after the line?

no, it's not excusable. we've removed women from our team for aggressive/unsportsmanlike behavior.

it's the CAT5 "pros" who watch the tour and think this is the way to race who drive me crazy!

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
velogirl said:
so did you go down after the line?

no, it's not excusable. we've removed women from our team for aggressive/unsportsmanlike behavior.

it's the CAT5 "pros" who watch the tour and think this is the way to race who drive me crazy!
He didn't really go down. He flew over his handlebars like Superman first.

I think it happened about ten feet past the finish line.

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
PJG said:
It was for the win, although I ended up 4th, and that guy got 3rd. There were two racers on the right side of the road that you can't see. They took 1st and 2nd. We were all lined up, I swung left to the open road to come around that guy, and then started veering to the left, further and further and further. The photographer has a few more sequence photos that really show how far and for how long he was pushing me left (elbows, hips, etc.). I guess I could have let up, but that was the last thing on my mind at that point. And certainly, I don't think that sort of riding is excusable whether it's for 1st or 101st place.
Ah, Bob Newman of Pacific State Bank Cycling Team. Will watch out for that azzhat in the future!

·
Registered
2 Posts
In his defense, he felt bad. He probably thought Peter'd back down. He should have been relegated either way and I was about to speak out as I was there for the 3 way discussion (Peter - Pac State Guy - Ref). But after that day, who cares, especially since Peter was OK with it. It woudl have brought me up to 5th, but again, whatever!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.