Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Enclosed in the text from an e-mail about the LAMB ride.

RIDE DATES: SATURDAY JULY 15 OR RAIN DATE JULY 16

GOING TO TRY AND KEEP IT ABOUT THIS TIME EVERY YEAR IN THE FUTURE SO PEOPLE CAN PLAN ON THE RIDE AND DATE.

IT'S THAT TIME OF YEAR AGAIN FOR THE MUCH TALKED ABOUT, DREADED BY SOME AND CHALLENGING FOR ALL, " LAMB RIDE." A 114 MILE, 4 GAP, ( LINCOLN, APPALACHIAN, MIDDLEBURY AND BRANDON GAPS, BICYCLE CHALLENGE. OR IT'S SHORTER VERSION, THE LAMB CHOP, ABOUT 70 MILES AND 2 GAPS.

LINCOLN GAP IS ONE OF THE STEEPEST PAVED ROADS IN AMERICA. 36%, AT ITS STEEPEST. THE OTHER 3 GAPS WOULD HAVE SEEMED STEEP IF YOU HADN'T CLIMBED LINCOLN FIRST. FIT RACER TYPES TELL ME 39 X 25 WILL DO, I RECOMMEND 39 X 27 AT LEAST AND LOWER IF YOU HAVE IT.

MAPS AND INFO AVAILABLE BEFORE LEAVING THE GREEN IN ROCHESTER, VT. AT 9AM. THERE IS A $10 FEE FOR NON KPCC MEMBERS. THE RIDE WILL NOT BE SUPPORTED. THERE ARE PLENTY OF STORES FOR FOOD AND WATER ALONG THE WAY.

PLEASE PARK AT THE SCHOOL OPPOSITE SIDE OF STREET SOUTH OF GREEN. NOT AROUND THE GREEN.

· Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The LAMB chop is the first two. Lincoln and App gaps. Then instead of going over Middlebury Gap you continue south on 100 to Rochester. Another option is that some people do Ap, and Middlebury Gaps. I think that group might leave a little earlier. I'll post more info when I get it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.