Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone done the LAMB (Central VT) ride yet? Start on Rte. 100 then up Lincoln Gap, then north on 116 to route 17- Appalation Gap, then south on Rte 100, route 125 up Middlebury gap, then rte 7 over Brandon Gap?

I did Lincoln Gap and App. Gap last saturday, it was really great weather, I think next weekend I'll do all 4 gaps

·
cog-it-goes ergo sum
120 Posts
sorta did something like that, but not really...

Last summer, I rode from my home near Hanover, NH to Waitsfield, VT to watch a buddy of mine do the Green Mt. Stage Race. That included scaling the Rochester Gap.

While at Sugarbush for that weekend, I did the Lincoln Gap/App. Gap loop starting in Warren, VT. Really awesome routes... truly beautiful riding that reminds you how difficult gravity can be.

I've never done Brandon Gap.

Later this summer, I hope to ride to Middlebury from home, going over Rochester and Middlebury Gaps.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Brandon Gap is rough

I hear the pavement on the eastern slope is in rough shape. If you are doing the traditional LAMB than be careful descending the eastern side. I may ride to Rutland via 100 N to Brandon and descend the western side today so I can report back. Please let the rain hold off.

·
Registered
1 Posts
We did the six gaps yesterday starting in Rochester at the ranger station and all the roads were in OK shape. Middlebury Gap is pretty rough and pretty narrow. Lincoln they just put down a bunch of new dirt on the descent tough to ride on. Had to stay to the side. Roxbury was fine. We did miss the turn for camp brook road to go over Rochester and had to back track five miles.:mad2:

Greg

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.