1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Banned
2,241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
86 Posts
im sure the iron maiden concert was after 9pm.... what??? is he supposed to take his twin girls who are probably 7 or so with him?
Give the guy a break all you lance haters.

1 out of 4 people in all of NorthAmerica will develop one form of cancer or another. Be glad when you get it that the Cancer Society has a better treatment for you now than they did 10 yrs ago.

And be thankful that his cause is homegrown and not doing some wannabe saint-crap chasing half way across the globe and adopting the unfed or trying to feed those who have no impact on you and me

·
Registered
4,838 Posts

·
Registered
2,274 Posts
Hey, I saw Lance on the Letterman show just after father's day. He said he'd taken his kids to see 'the Hulk' or something. Boy, he's an odd looking dude, off the bike. Eyes are about two inches apart..At least he's staying somewhat in shape, told old Davey he was up to 175 lbs from racing weight of 165..
I'd bet, retired or not, he'd probably still hand out legs right and left to all the Lance-haters on this list.
Don Hanson

·
Cannot bench own weight
4,298 Posts
Gnarly 928 said:
Hey, I saw Lance on the Letterman show just after father's day. He said he'd taken his kids to see 'the Hulk' or something. Boy, he's an odd looking dude, off the bike. Eyes are about two inches apart..At least he's staying somewhat in shape, told old Davey he was up to 175 lbs from racing weight of 165..
I'd bet, retired or not, he'd probably still hand out legs right and left to all the Lance-haters on this list.
Don Hanson
I'm not a Lance fan by any means, but I have to agree if he was to ride with us schumcks, it would be an ass kicking of epic proportions. Whether he was "dirty" or not, nothing can take a person from being genetically un-gifted to the top level of professional sports.

++ on the beady eyes. I always thought he had an f'ed up look. My wife thinks he's hot though.

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
Gnarly 928 said:
Don Hanson
he'd destroy all of us. that's really irrelevant to the matter at hand though. it's a completely pointless observation. he can be fast and still be a trainwreck personally and professionally.

·
Banned
270 Posts
I would care less if he admited dopeing . So did 90% of the field . What he did is amazing , what he does is amazing . If he comes off as a pompus A hole . Too bad , so do most super stars or super powerful people . He's special and he knows it . As the ladies seem to be fully aware !!

·
Registered
86 Posts
Gnarly 928 said:
Don Hanson

ahhh yey i remember see that now on Letterman. (Iwatch Letterman everynight for letterman not because lance was appearing. Besides, i most enjoy letterman making fun of stupid Bush and apple products)
Anyways yes he mentioned he took his kids to see Hulk and how scary the film actually was and how his kids put up with it. He also said his son Luke had 100bucks and he hinted he should buy him something for father day and the reply was a no you make something for fathers day because its more meaningful etc

·
Banned
34 Posts
bigpinkt said:
http://www.nytimes.com/2008/06/22/f...yle&adxnnlx=1214078527-BD16WV5l3WPJr9TZxOVFCw

Used to read all of these laudatory stories promoting the myth.... but when the New York Times does a two page article about how much tail you chase and how you blew off fathers day with your kids for a Iron Maiden concert with the bimbo of the month, you know the things have changed.

The US media and in particular the sports media is in the business of promoting and creating false idols for couch potatoes to worship on TV. Remember how the media made Kobe Bryant out to be the next Mike Jordan prior to his rape trial where although it was not proven he committed rape it was proven that he cheated on his wife while she was pregnant with their first kid? Prior to that, the media had desperately tried to make this buffoon out to be some squeaky clean role model even though it was well known within NBA circles that this guy like Lance was chasing everything with a pulse, and this was after he got married.

Most of these "superstars" wouldn't amount to squat without their looks or physical attributes and accomplishments, and those who worship them probably need some good psych counseling sessions.

At least Lance did have enough taste to go and see Maiden instead of some lame flamer concert like Justin Timberlake, lol.

·
Banned
519 Posts
velonomad said:
The US media and in particular the sports media is in the business of promoting and creating false idols for couch potatoes to worship on TV. Remember how the media made Kobe Bryant out to be the next Mike Jordan prior to his rape trial where although it was not proven he committed rape it was proven that he cheated on his wife while she was pregnant with their first kid? Prior to that, the media had desperately tried to make this buffoon out to be some squeaky clean role model even though it was well known within NBA circles that this guy like Lance was chasing everything with a pulse, and this was after he got married.

Most of these "superstars" wouldn't amount to squat without their looks or physical attributes and accomplishments, and those who worship them probably need some good psych counseling sessions.

At least Lance did have enough taste to go and see Maiden instead of some lame flamer concert like Justin Timberlake, lol.

Michael Jordan wouldn't do that to his kids.

·
Banned
270 Posts
velonomad said:
That is so funny , I pissed myself . God gives some brains , some physical gifts . As long you use what ever your gifts are , your pretty smart in my book . Sounds like you could use some time on the couch to work out some issues

·
Registered
2,274 Posts
Huh?

blackhat said:
he'd destroy all of us. that's really irrelevant to the matter at hand though. it's a completely pointless observation. he can be fast and still be a trainwreck personally and professionally.
I thought cycling was the subject of this bicycle forum. I'd say relative performance, on the bike, IS relevant here and what someone does or does not do with his kids...That is pointless and a bit off topic. I don't even like kids. (now, that.. was a pointless observation) I don't like Letterman, either, but I bet I can ride my bike better than Dave...Sheesh! At least Lance is not a Scientologist, born again, or something silly..

Don Hanson

·
Reality Star
930 Posts
I am not pro/con Lance Armstrong. But keep in mind he won seven TdFs during an era when everyone of the contenders was doping. Whether he doped or not (he probably did) his feat is remarkable considering a simple crash could have ended his historic streak like it ended Beloki's career. It is medically inconceivable that he could beat a bunch of talented, elite athletes, who we now know were all doping, without some kind of medical support.

But if I was divorced, had millions of dollars, having a midlife crisis and barely survived a battle with cancer, Yes. I would go for it. You only live once. Once you have cancer, you are more likely to develop a second and third unrelated cancer. The treatments received for his cancer, often lead to serious and sometimes fatal complications. Radiation therapy alone is known to cause cancer. So what the heck. If beautiful celebrities want to bed him, why not?

Lance is entitled to a private life. Being a celebrity, just makes it more difficult because of the paparazi and the gossip columnists who make a living off them. And what's wrong with going to rock concerts?

·
Banned
519 Posts
Don Duende said:
I am not pro/con Lance Armstrong. But keep in mind he won seven TdFs during an era when everyone of the contenders was doping. Whether he doped or not (he probably did) his feat is remarkable considering a simple crash could have ended his historic streak like it ended Beloki's career. It is medically inconceivable that he could beat a bunch of talented, elite athletes, who we now know were all doping, without some kind of medical support.

But if I was divorced, had millions of dollars, having a midlife crisis and barely survived a battle with cancer, Yes. I would go for it. You only live once. Once you have cancer, you are more likely to develop a second and third unrelated cancer. The treatments received for his cancer, often lead to serious and sometimes fatal complications. Radiation therapy alone is known to cause cancer. So what the heck. If beautiful celebrities want to bed him, why not?

Lance is entitled to a private life. Being a celebrity, just makes it more difficult because of the paparazi and the gossip columnists who make living off them. And what's wrong with going to rock concerts?

You're right. If Lance doped along with all the others he beat, it's not really a competition of who is the best anymore. It's just that Discovery, or really, the Armstrong foundation had the funds for the best doctors and best pharmaceutical drugs than anyone else. I mean, if he really did take drugs like most believe. That's why I'm not into watching the Tour de Farce anymore. Anyway, what does that have to do with him acting like such a poor father to his kids on Father's Day?

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.