Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
EuroCrash
485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...or maybe it is someone who really likes Lance. No kidding though, this is from the TX MS 150 this past weekend.

Personally I think he's getting dropped hard by the two stars'n'stripers on his right, maybe his porta-bladder is slowing him down.

·
No Crybabies
11,692 Posts
Looks more like someone out training and just happens upon the 150 group. No number. Or, it's a total geek riding renegade.

·
25yr Houston-Austin MS150
223 Posts
Fixed said:
Water bottle thingie.
I saw this guy on the ride. Laughed to myself about the water bottle (which, given the location and color of the drink, could be confused for an on-the-bike urinal).

NOW I will stop teasing my friends who bring their cameras along...

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Lance wanna-be or Disco team rider?

He came by me with 2+riders in tow at 25+ mph but he wasn't Lance. He was taller and skinnier than Lance, more of a Hincapie build. Also note the helmet is not a Giro. I don't know who he was but he was very strong and fast and looked good on a tt bike.

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
I'not sure what to call him.

I can usually sit in on a racer group for a while but I didn't want any part of his group. I was cruising at 22 when he rode past. Their were comments and laughs when he came by but noone tried to jump on wheels as he came by. I was a cat2 in a former life so I've seen plenty of good riders. He was too smooth and comfortable looking to be a fred. Poseur maybe but he looked like he could make riders hurt.

Besides, if he's a fred, what does that make me as I watch him ride away.

·
Registered
339 Posts
I had him ride past me on the ride, chatted to him for a while and drafted him for a bit before he dropped my sorry ass so I asked around especially as I saw the TT bike at our tent (Team Chevron) and apparently it was just a rider from our team, Rolf someone or other who is a good, fast rider but not actually from Team Discovery.

I can see now how roadies get annoyed about riders wearing pro gear especially the full kit like that as one automatically makes the assumption...

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.