Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
2,342 Posts
espn

bas said:
Channel? Radio? Where do I get this?
its an espn program usually on at night after sportscenter. I didn't watch it but he was on The Daily Show last night. Nothing groundgreaking, though he did say there were "a couple people I'd like to punch in the face". prattled on a bit about LeMond being obssessed with him too, but it was a short interview.

· Registered
2,252 Posts
I've been away for the last week and laughed my ass off when I read the Lemond article. Good grief man, what a jackass, even if it is true and Lance did threaten hiom who goes to the fukn paper as a vehicle ????? Lemond is rediculous

· Registered
6,422 Posts
10-4..

CARBON110 said:
I've been away for the last week and laughed my ass off when I read the Lemond article. Good grief man, what a jackass, even if it is true and Lance did threaten hiom who goes to the fukn paper as a vehicle ????? Lemond is rediculous
10-4 on that one. Lemond has totally lost his damn ever loving mind.

Jealousy does wonders to one's psyche doesn't it? I think maybe some of those shotgun pellets hit a little too close to the skull methinks.

/not a big fan of Lance.
//loved Lemond when growing up and learned about cycling.
///thinks Lemond has proved himself to be a jack-ass these days.
////wishes that people would just stop talking about Lance. He's retired, let it go.
/////thinks Frankie may find a horse's head in his bed some morning.

· Burning Fists of Love
6,899 Posts
agreed

Yes, I agree with Magnolialover, yes, I agree, but I would also add that Greg is mad at Hinault. Although, someone will hopefully know the whole scoop, if I recall, Greg waited for the Badger and as a result, lost what could have been his fourth overall TDF win.

Greg is and was vital to the US cycling scene and to date, if there had been no Greg, I dont know if we would have seen a Lance. BUT, at this time, Greg is a freak on a leash and needs to get a clue. Didnt Trek buy Lemond cycles?

· Registered
1,240 Posts
Lemond and Indurain brought to life my interest in bicycling, and I they were both men I aspired to be like, as a pre-teen and then a teen. Greg Lemond will always keep a pretty special place in my mind, as will Big Mig. But Greg sure sounded limp-wristed by going to the papers with his "Lance threatened me" crap.

I started training with a guy in 2001 who knew Lance, and had been around him some. I don't think they had a "relationship" per se, but he was aware of his tendencies and personality. This guy I trained with was also pretty tight-knit with the Hincapies' as well. My training buddy insisted that the way Lance was as a person was not to be admired. However, he respected his athletic prowess. Envied it even. It's just that whole vibe that Lance gives.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.