Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In 1996 when Lance Armstrong was diagnosed with cancer he was in a hospital room with at least 5 witnesses. His then girlfriend, Chris Carmichael, Frankie Andreau, Frankie Andreau's wife, and a top Oakley representative Stefanie. Oakley was to pay for all of Lance Armstrong's cancer treatments.

The doctors asked Armstrong if he had ever used performance enhancing drugs. Lance had this to comment, "I used EPO, HGH, steroids, corticoid steroids, and testosterone." Everyone in the room heard Lance Armstrong make these statements.

These comments would stay classified for some time until last Novemeber in a lawsuit against by SCA Promotions, a Dallas-based company that provides risk coverage for promotional contests. The suit was brought to compel arbitration over SCA's failure to pay Armstrong a $5 million bonus for winning a record sixth Tour de France in 2004. According to John Bandy, SCA's house counsel, the company has so far declined to pay because president Bob Hamman said he wanted to investigate the claims made in L.A. Confidentiel.Lance Armstrong by a company that deals with sports betting. Lance bet on himself to win the tour and when the company heard about the doping aligations they didn't want to pay him his five million dollar bonus.

http://outside.away.com/outside/features/200512/lance-armstrong-2.html

Well SCA did their homework and had Frankie Andreau testify under oath that he heard Lance Armstrong state that he used the five drugs. Once the quote were made in court they can be made in the public. They have been leaked but the only question is when will they be released to the public if ever.

Who still stood by Lance Armstrong? Stefanie from Oakley pressured by the high powered corrupt owners of Oakley to lie and say she didn't hear Lance say he used the five drugs. The one little unknown detail was that Stefanie also close friends with Greg Lemond called Greg and he secretly recorded her phone call. On the call she admitted that she had actually heard Lance say he used the drugs.

The defense produced this evidence in court, however it being illegal to record someone without their knowledge the judge allowed the evidence.
 

·
Shirtcocker
Joined
·
60,886 Posts
cocoboots said:
In 1996 when Lance Armstrong was diagnosed with cancer he was in a hospital room with at least 5 witnesses. His then girlfriend, Chris Carmichael, Frankie Andreau, Frankie Andreau's wife, and a top Oakley representative Stefanie. Oakley was to pay for all of Lance Armstrong's cancer treatments.

The doctors asked Armstrong if he had ever used performance enhancing drugs. Lance had this to comment, "I used EPO, HGH, steroids, corticoid steroids, and testosterone." Everyone in the room heard Lance Armstrong make these statements.

These comments would stay classified for some time until last Novemeber in a lawsuit against by SCA Promotions, a Dallas-based company that provides risk coverage for promotional contests. The suit was brought to compel arbitration over SCA's failure to pay Armstrong a $5 million bonus for winning a record sixth Tour de France in 2004. According to John Bandy, SCA's house counsel, the company has so far declined to pay because president Bob Hamman said he wanted to investigate the claims made in L.A. Confidentiel.Lance Armstrong by a company that deals with sports betting. Lance bet on himself to win the tour and when the company heard about the doping aligations they didn't want to pay him his five million dollar bonus.

http://outside.away.com/outside/features/200512/lance-armstrong-2.html

Well SCA did their homework and had Frankie Andreau testify under oath that he heard Lance Armstrong state that he used the five drugs. Once the quote were made in court they can be made in the public. They have been leaked but the only question is when will they be released to the public if ever.

Who still stood by Lance Armstrong? Stefanie from Oakley pressured by the high powered corrupt owners of Oakley to lie and say she didn't hear Lance say he used the five drugs. The one little unknown detail was that Stefanie also close friends with Greg Lemond called Greg and he secretly recorded her phone call. On the call she admitted that she had actually heard Lance say he used the drugs.

The defense produced this evidence in court, however it being illegal to record someone without their knowledge the judge allowed the evidence.
The guy isn't racing anymore. Can't we just let the witch hunt go? I'm sure Lance used some things during his career. That's not really a surprise. I'm sure most of the others did as well at some point.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,784 Posts
Funny thing

cocoboots said:
In 1996 when Lance Armstrong was diagnosed with cancer he was in a hospital room with at least 5 witnesses. His then girlfriend, Chris Carmichael, Frankie Andreau, Frankie Andreau's wife, and a top Oakley representative Stefanie. Oakley was to pay for all of Lance Armstrong's cancer treatments.

The doctors asked Armstrong if he had ever used performance enhancing drugs. Lance had this to comment, "I used EPO, HGH, steroids, corticoid steroids, and testosterone." Everyone in the room heard Lance Armstrong make these statements.

These comments would stay classified for some time until last Novemeber in a lawsuit against by SCA Promotions, a Dallas-based company that provides risk coverage for promotional contests. The suit was brought to compel arbitration over SCA's failure to pay Armstrong a $5 million bonus for winning a record sixth Tour de France in 2004. According to John Bandy, SCA's house counsel, the company has so far declined to pay because president Bob Hamman said he wanted to investigate the claims made in L.A. Confidentiel.Lance Armstrong by a company that deals with sports betting. Lance bet on himself to win the tour and when the company heard about the doping aligations they didn't want to pay him his five million dollar bonus.

http://outside.away.com/outside/features/200512/lance-armstrong-2.html

Well SCA did their homework and had Frankie Andreau testify under oath that he heard Lance Armstrong state that he used the five drugs. Once the quote were made in court they can be made in the public. They have been leaked but the only question is when will they be released to the public if ever.

Who still stood by Lance Armstrong? Stefanie from Oakley pressured by the high powered corrupt owners of Oakley to lie and say she didn't hear Lance say he used the five drugs. The one little unknown detail was that Stefanie also close friends with Greg Lemond called Greg and he secretly recorded her phone call. On the call she admitted that she had actually heard Lance say he used the drugs.

The defense produced this evidence in court, however it being illegal to record someone without their knowledge the judge allowed the evidence.
About rules of evidence. They're just so darned inconvenient.

When a verified transcript of Frankie Andreu's testimony is made public, perhaps we open up a new discussion. Until then, this kind of claptrap belongs to conspiracies r us.
 

·
Adorable Furry Hombre
Joined
·
32,337 Posts
cocoboots said:
So? Guilty or not of using drugs then-what does this have to do with winning Le Tour 8 years later?

...never mind I don't care enough to listen.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
39 Posts
>The one little unknown detail was that Stefanie also close friends with Greg Lemond called Greg and he secretly recorded her phone call. On the call she admitted that she had actually heard Lance say he used the drugs.

So Greg just happens to have a handy "record" button on his phone, huh? Unlike 99.9% of the rest of us...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Room 1201 said:
So? Guilty or not of using drugs then-what does this have to do with winning Le Tour 8 years later?

...never mind I don't care enough to listen.

i guess the physiological changes/adaptations from PEDS are cumulative year after year....anyway, if it's true then it proves him a liar.

just putting the info out there....feel free to discuss and flame each other
 
G

·
1. Wrong forum.
2. The info is useless unless it is released to the public.
3. All of this is hearsay unless unless it is corroborated.
4. What BC II said.
5. What bahueh said...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,561 Posts
cocoboots said:
i guess the physiological changes/adaptations from PEDS are cumulative year after year....anyway, if it's true then it proves him a liar.

just putting the info out there....feel free to discuss and flame each other
Of course he lied. It's like when Clinton lied. You always lie in these situations until irrefutable evidence makes your claims of innocence ridiculous. Big deal, you didn't win in the pro peloton without doping in the mid to late 90's, it might still not be possible. It's hard to believe a hardass like Armstrong got to Europe, saw the way the game was played and all of a sudden became this holier than Jesus figure who didn't "cheat". Of course he "cheated" because when everyone is doing it it might be against the rules, but it's not cheating. I wish he would man up and just lay it on the table. Same with Museeuw, that was pathetic when he tried to deny his doping.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,017 Posts
Dwayne Barry said:
Of course he lied. It's like when Clinton lied. You always lie in these situations until irrefutable evidence makes your claims of innocence ridiculous. Big deal, you didn't win in the pro peloton without doping in the mid to late 90's, it might still not be possible. It's hard to believe a hardass like Armstrong got to Europe, saw the way the game was played and all of a sudden became this holier than Jesus figure who didn't "cheat". Of course he "cheated" because when everyone is doing it it might be against the rules, but it's not cheating. I wish he would man up and just lay it on the table. Same with Museeuw, that was pathetic when he tried to deny his doping.
Well that clears up a lot - success=cheating. That's actually very convenient, wasn't the Festina affair a couple weeks after the French won the World Cup in 98? This certainly does explain their 1 goal in the 5 post 98 World Cup matches. I knew there was a reason England hasn't won the World Cup since 66!
 

·
Cannot bench own weight
Joined
·
4,298 Posts
No big surprise. After reading his first book my impression was that he was doping at that time.

I actually got to meet Frankie Andreu and heard him speak in October 2004. Someone actually asked about what he tought about the accusations against Armstrong and Hamilton, and he completely blew it off (neither supporting or accusing those two).
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,561 Posts
Einstruzende said:
I actually got to meet Frankie Andreu and heard him speak in October 2004. Someone actually asked about what he tought about the accusations against Armstrong and Hamilton, and he completely blew it off (neither supporting or accusing those two).
I find it amusing that pretty much everyone that I've spoken to or read accounts about racing in Europe at the elite level talks about the rampant drug use especially in Italy and Spain. How many talented guys drop out saying they weren't willing to take the drugs to go from being a great prospect to a "real pro". IIRC, David Millar was one of many who said taking the drugs is seen as being serious about one's profession. How many times do you need to hear someone say "its up to a rider to look after his recovery"? Spinelli admitted to using EPO at Saeco, you've got Gaumont, Millar, Manzono, Voet, etc. talking about it. I thought it was funny when Jo Planckert got busted and said, "if they're going to give me 2 years for this (I think it was EPO), I should have just taken everything under the sun like Museeuw and tried to win Flanders!".

Then you have some guys who are really at the top and came up thru the ranks and then pretend like it's all snow white, and they never saw anything suspicious let alone took drugs themselves.
 
G

·
I can see now what probably caused Pound to go 'postal' trying to get LA (and possibly putting himself out of a job). It's so clear that cycling, like many sports, is a cesspool of drugs. Dick pound must be frustrated to the point of insanity from trying to 'out' all the bad seeds.

Pound's efforts to bag LA are like a policeman pulling over a Ferrari for speeding, no one would notice if a Chevy Nova was pulled over - everyone will notice the Ferrari.

I guess the peloton is really two speeds - those who don't have the money for the high tech, hard to detect tests, and those with less money, who risk using easier to detect drugs or passing on the drugs and being a nobody in the peleton with a 50k euro max salary cap.

Sometimes ignorance is bliss :(
 

·
MORE MINIMALISM DANG IT!!
Joined
·
992 Posts
Sometimes I wonder if his cancer was a result of doping in the first place. Didn't Lyle Alzado die of brain cancer because he used steroids? I believe in Innocent until proven guilty, but if proven gulity I won't be surprised, just disappointed. Just my own personal theory and $.02
 

·
Not Banned
Joined
·
49,249 Posts
from my perspective

I've never doubted any pro's drug usage in the mid 90's. Dope in this era was all too common,I've said that here a zillion times. I've also wondered if (at least in his head, if he did use dope then, I'm saying if because I don't know) like the other poster that did he connect usage to his cancer? If so it would make an argument that he was anti dope after his recovery. Again this is all speculation.
 

·
Bone idle wanker
Joined
·
746 Posts
If the Andreaus testified to this as reported, I wonder why the court sided with LA and against SCA? I would like to see the court transcripts. Surely they will be/are public domain?
 
1 - 20 of 54 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top