Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was lucky enough to be able to shoot this event last Saturday. Here's a few pics if you're interested:

·
Devoid of all flim-flam
7,282 Posts
Lance has never been photographed as well. Stunning.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Henry Porter said:
Yours are great but I like his expression more in this one:

:D :D :D
That's funny, and out of my 300 or so pics from the event, I have a handful that have a similar expression, along with some that are so goofy he'd have me 'terminated' if I ever posted them. :) Whenever you take mass quantities of pics when people are talking you end up with many a goof-ball, doofus, drunken expressions.

Thanks for the comment.

·
'brifter' is f'ing stupid
15,563 Posts
not that i'm a big lance fan, but those are fantastic shots. what are you shooting with?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
cxwrench said:
not that i'm a big lance fan, but those are fantastic shots. what are you shooting with?
Thanks! I rode to this event (along side Lance :) well with 100 other people but I had to throw that in there) so I could only bring one camera semi-safely. These were all with a Canon 30D with a Canon 75-200 2.8L lens + 580EX flash w/ difuser.

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
People say lots of things about Lance Armstrong, but there is one thing that is undeniable truth to everyone: He works his ass off. Not just for his own pursuits, cycling/running/what-have-you, but for the greatest cause of them all, a cure for cancer.

If most of America had to compete against Lance in their jobs, they'd have their butts kicked thoroughly. I like to think that I work hard, as most of us do, and I don't think Lance could do what I do, but if I had to work against him or alongside him, no way I'd have the passion and energy he has. Man, I'd like to have some of that rub off on my fat ass!!

·
Where's that GPS?
3,117 Posts
For me, the jury is still out on Lance.

But I have to agree with some of the other posters - 7 TdF Victories and he is devoting his free time (and how much of that does he have these days?) to a Cancer cure - whatever you may think about LA, there has to be some redemption in that.

Great pics!

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Patti said:
sirthx,

Wow! VERY nice! Are you a pro-photographer?

Patti
Hi Patti & thanks! If pro is defined by being paid, then yes. From time to time I'm paid and/or have photo jobs. However it's not my full-time gig.

·
Registered
111 Posts
what's your take on the massive consumer approach Lance takes. I look at Lance and I am impressed but at the same time I see massive amounts of non recyclable plastic bottles at events, lots ''made in questionnable plants'' side products and parafanelia and massive consumerism. Add to that a private jet (he needs it, no questions) and a team backed up by oil money and you got to ask, do we have to go so massive to save lives and stay healthy ?

I respect Lance and sure have been a fan of Shep eons before he even made the galleries, I even enjoy the original fake Trek from Kaws but the whole ''buy more crap and we will beat cancer'' seems like an odd message for me, do I want less **** leaching in my blood, less CO2 in my lungs, less cars on the road ?... I dunno. I like the massive message and sure love bikes but I have to question where all this is going. It's like Clinton raising 6 billion for a greener world with Sheik Saoudian money... where does it all go ? How come we still can't legislate harder, why are most major companies still polluting ? Are they all giving money to Lance ?

I do have to say the man is legend, Mohamad Ali legend. Sorry to stir it up but sounds like the a large consumerism show rather than cancer awarness message. I never hear him talk about child obesity, fast food lobbies, chemical presence, pollution, I do see him with all the latest LA jacket though... I might be very wrong.

·
Registered
1,701 Posts
identifiler said:
..., do we have to go so massive to save lives and stay healthy ?

I never hear him talk about child obesity, fast food lobbies, chemical presence, pollution, I do see him with all the latest LA jacket though... I might be very wrong.
I can't help you with the whole "big" thing. It's too big for me!

On the issue of what LAF does, though, the message is focused on issues pertaining to cancer sufferers and survivors. Not so much about finding a cure for or preventing cancer. So the LAF spends their money on quality of life, networking among sufferers, making treatments available, family support, those sorts of things.

JSR

·
Banned
3,254 Posts
ashpelham said:
He works his ass off. Not just for his own pursuits, cycling/running/what-have-you, but for the greatest cause of them all, a cure for cancer.
Pursuits? Causes? How about picking up the "ladies?"

1 - 20 of 21 Posts