Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Tats

did anyone else notice the tats on lance? i didnt know he had any tattoos? i guess sheryl crows bringing out his wild side. the one on his left arm read big tex or something like that and there was another on his right pec. maybe they were just for the commercial? anyone else have any ideas. cool commercial though.

·
your text here
13,192 Posts
i've been seein that all night. the campaign started a few weeks ago with ali jogging, then they had his daughter "fighting" him, now they pull out all the stars...but tiger. any big games this weekend they might debut his stuff during? maybe they will wait till the NCAA tourney...

·
Registered
139 Posts
I seriously doubt the tattoos are real and Sheryl Crow

is far from a "rock n roll" influence. She actually looks like an old crow. Do you realize she is in her 40s. What the hell is he thinking? All that $ and fame wasted on her? She isn't even pretty. Kinda looks a little manish in that horse face of hers. He should be dating a nice young model and just get it out of his system. Mark my words, Lance will see the light.

weltyed said:
i've been seein that all night. the campaign started a few weeks ago with ali jogging, then they had his daughter "fighting" him, now they pull out all the stars...but tiger. any big games this weekend they might debut his stuff during? maybe they will wait till the NCAA tourney...

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Lazywriter said:
is far from a "rock n roll" influence. She actually looks like an old crow. Do you realize she is in her 40s. What the hell is he thinking? All that $ and fame wasted on her? She isn't even pretty. Kinda looks a little manish in that horse face of hers. He should be dating a nice young model and just get it out of his system. Mark my words, Lance will see the light.
I kinda thought Cheryl looks like both his ex and his mom... Somebody posted a pictures of the three of them and the similarities were kinda creepy...

·
Registered
3,779 Posts
Tats are Faux...commerical fun

Notice that the "Big Tex" Tat on his arm is identical to the back of the trainers yellow jacket....

·
Registered
2,334 Posts
I haven't seen the commercial, I don't watch much TV, but I don't get the haters (as usual)...not like sheryl crow is <a href="http://www.carniewilson.com/">carnie wilson</a> or something. She looks fine and dammit, she's got soul. Not the first name I look for at the used CD shop but definitely not the last. And I'd be ecstatic to share some time with someone like that. As for the tats..right on my bro, I'm as clean as the day I came into this nasty world but a little self expression (real or fake) is alrite by me. tat up if that's your medium of choice. Until u can ride like Lance, maybe don't get all uppity on his non-cycling choices.

·
Looks fast, rides slow
266 Posts
weltyed said:
You're confusing Adidas commercials with Nike. All the Ali-related ones are by Adidas. The latest "all-star" one is by Nike.

K-Zero

·
Registered
163 Posts
I hate it.

I hated this ad. In fact, I hate Nike. Everything about them. HATE THE NIKE. And it has nothing to do with the fact that some years back my soon-to-be-wife dumped my ass, hooked up with some junior-college dropout mouthbreather JACKASS a WEEK later, then got fired from her job (yea!) only to be hired by Nike--the motherscrathin' holy grail NIKE--for some insanely cool, rewarding, well-paying job and whisked off to Manhattan, leaving my ass broke, alone and homeless. No, not at all bitter about that.

But, seriously, thought the spot was all smoke, no fire. It's a big gimmick, but does it say anything?

And Cheryl Crow is a HOTTIE. 40 or not, Lance has some fine @ss to tap there. There was a Spin photo layout a few years back... oh, my sweet, sweet lord. And when you're done, she can sing you a song. Win-win, in my eyes.

·
Registered
602 Posts
not only are the tats faux, so is the body...

I haven't actually seen the commercial but I did see the picture of lance sitting in the corner of the ring with the trainers around. That is NOT his chest and arms. Can you immagine having to carry all that muscle up a col?! 9 out of 10 cyclists (all climbers) look like they've spent two seeks lost in the desert----bone thin. The only thing authentic was the head.

Can't wait to see the commercial.

·
Registered
602 Posts
after actually seeing the commercial, I might have spoken too soon

mr meow meow said:
I haven't actually seen the commercial but I did see the picture of lance sitting in the corner of the ring with the trainers around. That is NOT his chest and arms. Can you immagine having to carry all that muscle up a col?! 9 out of 10 cyclists (all climbers) look like they've spent two seeks lost in the desert----bone thin. The only thing authentic was the head.

Can't wait to see the commercial.

That probably IS his body. The still photo of Lance sitting makes it look like he's 190lbs

·
Registered
197 Posts
Alright-so Nike is an evil corperation bent on world domination... but the commercial IS cool. Who cares if it's fake (one can only imagine the $$ spent on digital enhancing) it's a good spot. And yes the commercial does say something-that these are some of the greatest, most devoted, soulful atheletes of our time-imagine if... It's one of those "inspiring" commercials that sells the image of nike...

Ok, this thread has had WAY too many responses, WE NEED SPRING!!!

·
Ethical Nihilist
1,068 Posts
Yes.

jaybird said:
I kinda thought Cheryl looks like both his ex and his mom... Somebody posted a pictures of the three of them and the similarities were kinda creepy...

I've been wondering why the women in Lance's life all look like his mom. Well I saw a photo of his mom and Kristen side-by-side at the Tour a couple of years back it was striking how much alike they look. And now Ms. Crow. It is creepy.

·
FTMD
283 Posts
No cable or antennae, so I didn't get a chance to see the spot. Thanks to whoever posted the link above.

Hilarious!

·
Administrator
12,977 Posts
I saw it on ESPN Sportscenter this morning. The "Big Tex" tat was a riot. I am not really sure that was his body though- his arms looked too big. Seeing some of the other stuff was clearly faked (the gymnastics stuff most obviously), I imagine the boxing scenes were too.

Still, all those famous althletes and they used Lance too- cycling sure has come a long way. Love him or not, he has done a lot of good for the sport here in the US.

BTW- Cheryl is pretty hot, from Texas, and understands the pressures and requirements of a all-encompassing career- probably better then his ex-wife ever did.

·
Premium Member
10,106 Posts
No Cyclist's tan lines either.

Coolhand said:
I saw it on ESPN Sportscenter this morning. The "Big Tex" tat was a riot. I am not really sure that was his body though- his arms looked too big. Seeing some of the other stuff was clearly faked (the gymnastics stuff most obviously), I imagine the boxing scenes were too.
No cyclist has a tan like Lance's body in the ad. He either has a spray on tan, or it is someone else's body.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts