Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Banned
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Funny....why do so many forget that Lance was already caught doping.
Remember the positive for cortisone and the back dated prescription to cover this up and the bullshit story about using a saddle cream with cortisone in it.

Anyone that knows pro cycling knows damn well Cortisone was like candy for pro's up until very recently....now is ACTH(synacthen) which is undetectable and makes your body jack up it's cortisol big time.

Personally I don't give a **** if he or any pro doped or dopes, but it sickens me when some of them, like Lance, jump up and down and insist that they are clean.

Why can't any of the modern pro's have the balls of Jacques Anquetil....."Leave me in peace; everybody takes dope.

Lance SOOO many of your former team mates have been busted...but you rode clean? HA! do you take us for complete idiots...what an ass!

Anyone that has ever used epo(like myself ) can attest to the fact that the high crit it gives is NUTTY to say the least. Your 5 minute VO2 max repeat power becomes your 60 minute FTP!!!...and your "repeatabilty" goes through the roof.
Lance would not have stood a chance in hell without a high crit and I don't care how talented he was. There were many very talented riders in his day.

RG :)

·
Banned
608 Posts
StellaBlue said:
And they all doped as well . Should we change record books ? Let it go . They will never prove it and he's not gonna admit it . He won 7 in a row . Not many can even finish 7 in a row . Yeah he's an over hyped clown .
They already proved it with the retrotesting and the people like Betsy and Frankie Andreu who testified that Armstrong admitted using dope. Heck, Landis has been telling people that Armstrong was doping.

·
Registered
89 Posts
he survived cancer... he brought unimaginable popularity to American cycling... his jersey's were red/white/blue... he got out before he was really caught.

I think that may sum it up... oh wait, he may have bagged an Olsen twin. That should give him pretty decent immunity and pseudo-celebrity status is nice too!

·
Alien Musician
4,542 Posts
Let's go one further: everyone used a time machine to go forward 300 years and used a new type of dope and then went back in time and every winner doped in the future and the past.

Heck, you're doping right now, you just don't know it!

Bust him for banging an Olsen twin, that's way more disgusting than doping although
the health benefits of either are probably quite bad.

·
Shirtcocker
60,886 Posts
who's he dating now?:rolleyes:

·
Banned
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
aliensporebomb said:
Let's go one further: everyone used a time machine to go forward 300 years and used a new type of dope and then went back in time and every winner doped in the future and the past.

Heck, you're doping right now, you just don't know it!

Bust him for banging an Olsen twin, that's way more disgusting than doping although
the health benefits of either are probably quite bad.
Good points :)

I am not against the fact that he doped really because all the top dudes doped...only that he has made such a huge stink about being clean all these years. Now Riis had guts and I admire the dude for telling it as it was..

I just wish he would have(or somebody would) quoted Jacques Anquetil
"Leave me in peace;everybody takes dope"

Cheers

·
Banned
3,262 Posts
Bocephus Jones II said:
who's he dating now?:rolleyes:
Is this a rhetorical question? Kate Hudson, I look at the gossip mags on the check out line....

I actually feel kind of bad for the guy. He must be miserable.

When you think about it, we all have what he has. If you can enjoy just riding your bike then you have what he has when he's happy, and I think that's only when he's riding or running or whatever. Otherwise the guy's an effing mess.....Oh, or when people are sucking up to him. That probably just reminds him what a fraud he is though..

·
Registered
89 Posts
His brother's name is Miller Lite... Now this is the question: was it worth it? If Lance beat out the other doper's by doping (was he really cheating?) and became a successful American in a sport dominated by Europeans; was it worth it???

I think you'd be hard pressed to find an athlete that wouldn't say "damn, that really worked out for him! What a lucky guy!" As long as there are no long-term health risks, he made out like a bandit!

G

·
Well Lance has various things to worry about like the insurance deal - so when the all financial hazards and sporting issues are all past the statue of limitations - maybe he'll talk. Still, he needs his credibility for the LA Cancer Founation - which he is truely passionate about and is his most significant accomplishment, well above all else.

·
Registered
638 Posts
Yea I agree with havnmonkey... if he doped while beating other dopers was he really cheating? Wouldnt that just mean that a doped rider that year was the paradigm? Last I checked doping was banned because it gave an unfair advantage but if everyone was doping that year nobody had the advantage. Now that doesnt make it right but it does shed some light on things.

·
Adorable Furry Hombre
32,352 Posts
jparman said:
How do I get EPO?
PM Realgains, he's in the medical profession :)

·
Banned
417 Posts
Every drug works a wee bit differently in cyclists bodies. That goes for normal drugs in the normal population as well, some lower their blood pressure better on beta blockers, others need ACE inhibitors, etc.
Whether lance was the most talented bike rider or the most talented drug target, is impossible to say
It wasn't fair just because everybody was doping. Circumstantials tell me that Lance got the better dope, the better people to help him conceal, and his contract and success enabled him to avoid racing too much and avoid the clutches of testers.
When you look at how much $hit his closest competitor got back home in Germany, you can't say things work out just fair.
When you look at how unlucky people, like Landis and Hamilton were caught, and Lance wasn't, even though they were all cheating, you can't say things work out fair.
You have to be in a position, both in the team and financially, to dope properly. Look at Vande Velde. I am happy for the guy now, but it doesn't usually work out that great for most guys. Telling you the way the system works now, there are numerous other factors involved, than simply just saying- everybody dope, so it's gotta be fair.

·
Banned
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
tricycletalent said:
Every drug works a wee bit differently in cyclists bodies. That goes for normal drugs in the normal population as well, some lower their blood pressure better on beta blockers, others need ACE inhibitors, etc.
Whether lance was the most talented bike rider or the most talented drug target, is impossible to say
It wasn't fair just because everybody was doping. Circumstantials tell me that Lance got the better dope, the better people to help him conceal, and his contract and success enabled him to avoid racing too much and avoid the clutches of testers.
When you look at how much $hit his closest competitor got back home in Germany, you can't say things work out just fair.
When you look at how unlucky people, like Landis and Hamilton were caught, and Lance wasn't, even though they were all cheating, you can't say things work out fair.
You have to be in a position, both in the team and financially, to dope properly. Look at Vande Velde. I am happy for the guy now, but it doesn't usually work out that great for most guys. Telling you the way the system works now, there are numerous other factors involved, than simply just saying- everybody dope, so it's gotta be fair.

Hear hear:thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 63 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.