Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
4,302 Posts
elviento said:
so?

"Landis Skipping Giro "
Sooo he's gonna have really really fresh legs in July and therefore going to squash Basso's GT double ego trip like a sun dried tomato, THAT'S WHAT!!!

Yessirree another American bags the Tour.

·
Not Banned
49,013 Posts
well if Jan and Ivan both do the double

even for training maybe Floyd is gonna do the proven 'focus on the tour' and really pre ride and pre plan your TdF and do recon on every stage. Floyd is a fine TTer, has been known to be able to stick with the leaders in high Mtns (his near stage victory, 'run like ya stole something' comes to mind) and if he follows the methods that he learned, puts his team at his beckon watch out. would be cool as he'd wheelie across the finish line on the Champs

·
Registered
2,674 Posts
Floyd won't win. Dauphine, Paris Nice etc maybe, but the Tour. Not a chance.

As someone posted a while ago, he is one of two team leaders at Phonak. Whereas Basso and Ullrich are sole leaders.

Le Maillot Jaune va rester en Europe!

·
Not Banned
49,013 Posts
by looking at the Tour parcourse

to me it favors Jan. But if Floyd pulls a single 'drop everybody but a stagiare' like he did at P-N he could be an issue.

·
Not Banned
49,013 Posts
I don't think this Tour is gonna be hilly enough for Ivan

to drop Jan. It is Jan's to win. I'm pulling for a Basso double so I can hear a "Doh" echoing from Austin.

·
Registered
129 Posts
ru1-2cycle said:
I am brooding for Ulrich, but Basso is performing spectacularly. Landis is having a streak of misfortune lately...
Is there more to this "streak of misfortune" than his one crash? Seems like he's been doing just fine with the P-N and ToC wins.

·
Roadbikereview Editor
Steelman Eurocross bike
2,972 Posts
The 2006 Giro is very hard. It has 7 summit finishes (vs. the TDF which has 3). It ends only 32 days before the TDF.

Landis is smart not to do it. Jan Ullrich is only doing it for training. He will not hit the limit and he will quit before the end.

Basso is a fool for trying to win both. Maybe he knows his TDF chances are not the greatest so he'll have his Giro glory anyway.

francois

·
Registered
139 Posts
Is Landis a good enough climber to win? I know he did some good work in the 2004 TDF and was limited last year by a weak team. But he kinda got owned on Brasstowb last year and he seems to have focused more on TT as well. egardless I would like to see him do well.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts